Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2017 10:01:55 PM EDT
I'll be visiting TN next month. Seeing my Dad. Driving from FL. GA I'm good cause I'm only stopping for gas if I have to. My FL license is good, I'm sure I'll be fine however,
Do I have to inform if stopped?
I don't drink, no bars for me but I assume your normal restaurants are fine?
Loaded Rifle in the trunk ok?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Informing isn't the law but most consider it the polite/proper thing to do. "Officer, my firearm is on my XXX, just so you know" is how I normally do it.

Loaded rifle in the trunk is now ok. Someone correct me if I'm wrong there.

Most rural cops are ok with CCW. Urban cops are hit or miss on it.

Drive safely!
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Enjoy your visit, where you heading?

Drive defensive, lots of asshole txting etc, watch hands

Fyi...you can carry on boats legally now
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Informing isn't the law but most consider it the polite/proper thing to do. "Officer, my firearm is on my XXX, just so you know" is how I normally do it.

Most rural cops are ok with CCW. Urban cops are hit or miss on it.

Drive safely!
View Quote
That'll send you to prison with what you're into.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Loaded firearms of any type are okay anywhere in the vehicle, no permit required.

- OS
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Restaurants and bars are legal for carry, as long as you aren't drinking alcohol.

If the entrance is posted (state law used to require specific wording, but now the simple 'no guns' stickers are legal notice), you can't carry inside.  That applies to any business, not just restaurants.

As stated, there is no legal requirement to notify when stopped, but I usually have both my driver's license and my carry permit in my hand, and (so far) the officer just takes the license, leaving the permit in my hand, and nothing more is said about the permit or guns.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That'll send you to prison with what you're into.
View Quote
Which is what? Stop attempting to be an internet tough guy. Say your crap to my face, why don't you?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Restaurants and bars are legal for carry, as long as you aren't drinking alcohol.

If the entrance is posted (state law used to require specific wording, but now the simple 'no guns' stickers are legal notice), you can't carry inside.  That applies to any business, not just restaurants.

As stated, there is no legal requirement to notify when stopped, but I usually have both my driver's license and my carry permit in my hand, and (so far) the officer just takes the license, leaving the permit in my hand, and nothing more is said about the permit or guns.
View Quote
The last time I got stopped, it went almost exactly the same way. He did ask me if  and I told him about the G19 on my left hip. All he said was, "Let's just keep it there, why don't we?",  leaving my TN HCP in my hand.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry you can't take a joke Bob. I didn't realize you had such thin skin, but at your age I should have known. I've been doing this for years Bob and only since I stopped going to gun shows have you started this Donny Baker "Say it to my face" crap. I'm not going to drive an hour or two, to whatever gun show you're working or gay bars that you frequent, to prove a point.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:39:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry it took me so long to see this, but you two chill out. Take it to IMs or fight somewhere else.
View Quote
I'm tired of being stalked. I don't know this guy, have NO relationship what so ever with him, much less have a joking relationship established. I'm sick of the gay jokes (as in his latest post), sick of the innuendos and the rest of the crap he throws out.

All I'm asking is to be LEFT THE HELL ALONE. Is that SO hard?????  
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sorry it took me so long to see this, but you two chill out. Take it to IMs or fight somewhere else.
View Quote
Sorry. I guess it's a case of mistaken identity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top