Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2017 8:20:00 PM EDT
Just got back from 5 days in middle TN and I felt compelled to stop by and compliment you all.  This was our 2nd Nashville visit, and 6th visit to TN over the last 10 years.  I really do love your state and its people.  (not to mention the BBQ!!!!)  I speak often about relocating to TN and would consider myself lucky to be able to do so.  CSB and all that but damn you all deserve some serious thanks for your hospitality, BBQ () and general American greatness!

We stayed in downtown Nashville and, other than typical downtown stuff/Opry, we ventured out to Lynchburg, The Hermitage (I walked around the entire property for over 3 hours, best day of the trip)  and over to Belle Meade.  I also made a point to sample as much BBQ as I could.  Tried it from 6 places, sometimes twice in one day :

Jack's (our overall favorite)
Martin's BBQ Joint
Peg Leg Porker (favorite dry rub baby backs)
Rippy's
BBQ Shack (Lynchburg)
Puckett's Grocery (while technically not a BBQ place, their cherry smoked ribs were my wife's favorite and I did enjoy their "hot bones" appetizer)

My go-to beer ended up being TN Brew Works Southern Wit.  (It just seemed to work this weekend)  Drank excessive amounts of it...  

So anyway, my hats off to you fine folks from TN!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you enjoyed yourself. We have a saying "Tennessee, come on vacation, leave on probation, come back on a violation!"
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you been to East Tennessee?

The mountains are one of my favorite places.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:58:26 PM EDT
[#3]
What part of PA are U from?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you been to East Tennessee?

The mountains are one of my favorite places.
View Quote
We have!  4 trips to Pigeon Forge and the GSMNP with the kids.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bucks County (up on the NW corner of what we call "Central" Bucks)
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We've been watching that Stone House Revival show that features the stone houses in and around Bucks County. The stone houses there are beautiful. And old.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top