User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2017 10:25:46 AM EDT
Say what

Anybody know if this is true?

Link
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Tennessee just made it legal to injure protesters who are blocking roadways and other rights of way.  The bill, introduced Wednesday and which easily passed the senate Friday, renders someone who runs over a protester who is blocking the street free from civil liability, so long as the driver was exercising ‘due care.’
View Quote

Piss poorly written article. It's NOT "law" as the House hasn't yet passed it nor has pencil-dicked Haslam signed it or allowed it to become law w/o his signature.

Good way to get manslaughter charges filed against you, IMO.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope it's true. This blocking road shit is bullshit. We need one of those felony antiterrorism bills for the "road blockers " as well. Then if somebody was killed when run over we could charge the other protesters with their death.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Then there is the Klu Klux Kenevil method.  Jump 1000 protesters with a pavement roller.  Eliminates the protestors and adds a new layer to the pavement!  LOL

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be interested to know if this legislation has actually been introduced or not.  Reads like fake news but one can always hope it's at least partially true.  I think North Dakota actually passed one like this recently.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Per the CBS TV station here (Channel 5 Nashville), it has.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would be interested to know if this legislation has actually been introduced or not.  ..
View Quote

Senate version already passed:

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInfo/Default.aspx?BillNumber=SB0944

I don't see that it does anything that existing law already doesn't. You already can't purposely run over pedestrians even if they are behaving unlawfully, unless the unlawful behavior poses an immediate threat of death or serious injury to you or yours, same as any other lethal force situation.

- OS
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Senate version already passed:

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInfo/Default.aspx?BillNumber=SB0944

I don't see that it does anything that existing law already doesn't. You already can't purposely run over pedestrians even if they are behaving unlawfully, unless the unlawful behavior poses an immediate threat of death or serious injury to you or yours, same as any other lethal force situation.

- OS
View Quote

Officer I was in fear for my life!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Officer I was in fear for my life!!!!!
View Quote

There have been incidents in the last couple years, where that could easily be true.  

During BLM protests, there were times when the mob of protesters attacked cars, particularly if the driver attempted to go around the mob or inch their way through.

During one of the "protests" that was blocking a main road to a Trump campaign rally, a hardtop Jeep tried inching it's way through, and the mob surrounded it and started beating on it, with a few climbing on top of it and jumping up and down.  When it had nearly made it through the mob, police moved in and pushed the mob back to allow the Jeep to get clear. As the officers backed off, one of the idiots yelled at the cops that the Jeep driver was guilty of attempted murder (apparently for inching forward through the mob).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top