Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2016 11:32:39 AM EDT
We'll be hosting a carbine class (primarily for AR15s) near Cookeville in mid-October.  This will be a one day class and we will keep class size fairly small so due to demand we will probably hold class 2 or 3 consecutive days starting Saturday the 15th.   The Saturday class will be fairly entry level.  At least one of the follow on classes will be more advanced.

The instructor is a long time friend and probably the best practical AR shooter I know and an amazing long range shooter and competitor.  He is currently in the top ten overall in the Precision Rifle Series.   I've included his BIO below, but it is slightly dated.  

Price will be $160.   send me an email ([email protected]) if you are interested and let me know what day would be best.

http://www.precisionrifleseries.com/shooters/profiles/view/id/312

Scott Satterlee is a 26 year Special Operations Veteran with multiple combat tours and proven leadership. He is currently the chief of Operations and head instructor for 1st Special Forces Group Advanced Urban Combat Course and co-owner of Precision Tactical Solutions. Scott started competing in NRA Service Rifle in the early 1990s and continued to compete when possible in Small Bore and USPSA events through his military career.   Scott is a top competitor in the Precision Rifle Series and match director for the LRSE in KY and Nightforce ELR match in WY.

Scott is a very experienced instructor teaching at elite levels of college and elite warfighters. While at his ROTC assignment Scott revamped the small unit tactics portion of the Cadet training modernizing the POI and MOI. As the Operation Sergeant for 1 Special Forces Advanced Urban Combat Course, Scott modernized the SFAUC POI to focus the course on survivability and operational success.

Schools:

Military
Airborne, Jump Master, Marine Scout Swimmer, Ranger, Pathfinder, Air Assault, SERE C, Long Range Surveillance Leaders Course, SOTIC Level II, Honor Grad SFARTEATC, Special Forces Medical Segeants Course.

Civilian
Bill Rogers Shooting School; Expert Pistol and Carbine, Bachelor of Science in Management 3.76 GPA, Gryphon Group

Awards: BSM with V with bronze Oak leaf, MSMx3, JCOM, ARCOMx6, AAMx6 Humanitarian Service Medal, Gen Fredericks Award winner 2003

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
What all would we be required to have for the class?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Ooooooooo...

Wish I had the bread for ammo, and I'd be all over it, Tom.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What all would we be required to have for the class?
View Quote

$160 and a pulse.  couple hundred rounds of ammo.   I'll loan an AR if someone needs a loaner.

the round count will be flexible.  If you want to bring a lot of ammo you can shoot more.  We are trying to make the class accessible for people on a budget.  This would normally be 3 days and 5x  the price.

I'll post details on topics covered in a few days.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested but would like to know the basic corse description.  I have been through a few classes and they have all given a basic outline of material to be covered.  This would help us to know if it's truly a beginners course, intermediate, or advanced.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#5]
yep, i'll post a course description soon.   the Saturday class is truly a beginner class, because it will mostly be people from my AR15 build party.  (a church group where about a dozen people are building ARs together).   We will have a more advanced class Tuesday.   Possibly additional classes sun/mon depending on demand.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Updates?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#7]
talked to Scott last night.  We should have the sign up page on the website by the weekend.   We're definitely go for Oct 15 and maybe second class on the 18th.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#8]
https://www.coreshooting.com/collections/courses/products/core-intro-to-carbine?variant=28432998531

(click on Scott as the instructor and it should show the right location and date)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top