Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2016 1:03:28 PM EDT
anybody been? Place looks amazing. link
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I did that trip recently. I started a thread on it. It is great down there in the falls. A bit of a hike through woods in a downhill trail and wading through some water to get to it. Wear good trail shoes that you don't mind getting wet. I'm not in that good of shape, I think I died like 3 times going back up the hill.

Jeep450, I still owe you a good meal/drink for doing what you did back in February!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_38/601878_Tennessee_has_some_beautiful_areas__Slowly_getting_out_to_see_them__1st_one_was_Cummins_Falls_trip_.html

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did that trip recently. I started a thread on it. It is great down there in the falls. A bit of a hike through woods in a downhill trail and wading through some water to get to it. Wear good trail shoes that you don't mind getting wet. I'm not in that good of shape, I think I died like 3 times going back up the hill.

Jeep450, I still owe you a good meal/drink for doing what you did back in February!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_38/601878_Tennessee_has_some_beautiful_areas__Slowly_getting_out_to_see_them__1st_one_was_Cummins_Falls_trip_.html

View Quote

I have no idea what I did but glad it worked out!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting the funds back from that property rental place in Cordova.... ring a bell?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
hahaha yea I remember

Glad you got it all handled
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Wife and I took the kids a few months ago.   Not a difficult hike, but if you want to get all the way to the falls, you are going to get wet, so be prepared for that.  Definitely worth the effort.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
The improved trail to get in and out is nice. The old method for descending to the bottom involved a sketchy rope...

Its great that more people get to enjoy the place now that its a park but its always jammed with folks. I miss the old days before the state took over. All the booze you could get down the rope and half naked co-eds. Go check out Burgess Falls if you get a chance.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Love it there.  Went to college in Cookeville.  Spent many summer days there having cold beers with friends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top