Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2016 4:47:07 PM EDT
I went on to Youtube to check out Buds Gunshop and it seems there's ALOT of negative comments dealing with customer service, etc. Does anyone here have any first hand experience with them?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Big, busy store, lots of out of staters coming through. I'm guess some folks can't get the immediate and undivided attention they need or something.

- OS
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I am always asked if I need any help, etc. However the store is busier that a Bath and BodyWorks going out of business sale.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Big, busy store, lots of out of staters coming through. I'm guess some folks can't get the immediate and undivided attention they need or something.

- OS
View Quote

It's seems to be more with people who have placed online orders...
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

??

Bud's in Sevierville is brick and mortar only -- you don't order on line, not even the same pricing or inventory as BudsGunShop.com.

Folks can of course have guns sent to the Sevierville store purchased from anywhere online, they just charge transfer fee like any other FFL, same for purchases from the online store too.

- OS
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#5]
And you don't need a pistol permit to handle the pistols right? My girlfriend has turned in her application and wants to be able to check a bunch of different types out before deciding on what to buy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And you don't need a pistol permit to handle the pistols right? My girlfriend has turned in her application and wants to be able to check a bunch of different types out before deciding on what to buy.
View Quote

No, the only time a permit is needed is when one wants to CARRY their firearm off their own property. Tell her to fingerbang away to her heart's delight.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Buds in TN is not the same as Buds in KY.  It's more of a privately owned franchise.  That's why you still pay a transfer fee at Buds TN when paying and shipping from Buds KY.  You also don't pay sales tax when ordering from Buds KY since Buds TN is not really the same as Buds in KY.  I checked into all this because I didn't want to get hit with a transfer fee and TN sales tax.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Buds in TN is not the same as Buds in KY.  It's more of a privately owned franchise.  That's why you still pay a transfer fee at Buds TN when paying and shipping from Buds KY.  You also don't pay sales tax when ordering from Buds KY since Buds TN is not really the same as Buds in KY.  I checked into all this because I didn't want to get hit with a transfer fee and TN sales tax.
View Quote

Yeah, both really are at heart the same outfit but the TN store is legally set up as a separate biz, at least legally well enough that TN so far has allowed the KY Bud's to ship into TN without the sales tax.

- OS
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not only can you touch them, if your wallet is large enough, there is a case full of them to rent and shoot at the opposite end of the store. Including, I think, automatic weapons. Price per round I overheard quoted was, ah, interesting. (Was there about two days ago)
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I've bought 5 or 6 guns from Buds in Sevierville since I'm only about 30 minutes up the road from them. Never had a bad experience, but I usually try to avoid it on busy weekends when it's always crowded.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've bought 5 or 6 guns from Buds in Sevierville since I'm only about 30 minutes up the road from them. Never had a bad experience, but I usually try to avoid it on busy weekends when it's always crowded.
View Quote

This

I live about a mile from the place, just depends on what time of day you go in.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought a 1911 there and was pleased with the experience, and the price was good. The range is really nice too, just a little expensive. I've thought about a yearly membership but haven't decided.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top