Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2016 10:08:33 PM EDT
My family and I who live in NY are taking a family vacation at the end of this week. First we're going to Cedar Point Ohio for a few days. Then we're heading to Nashville for two days before heading to Pigeon Forge for Dolly Wood. From there we'll be heading back to NY. I'm curious if there are any good gunshops in/near that Nashville/Pigeon Forge area. I know there's the Kentucky Gun Shop on the way from Ohio, but I'm not 100% sure that it's close enough to our route to warrant a stop
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll drive right past Bud's Gun Shop and Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville, on your way to Dollywood.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'll drive right past Bud's Gun Shop and Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville, on your way to Dollywood.
View Quote

That's cool! Does Bud's have a retail storefront?
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the Bud's location in Sevierville is supposed to be Tennessee's largest gun store.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, the Bud's location in Sevierville is supposed to be Tennessee's largest gun store.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best news I've heard in a LONG time!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#5]
There's several gun shops in Nashville but two are head & shoulders above the others. The Gun Crew has more variety of black rifles than any other shop I've seen. The Nashville Armory is a decent shop & has an indoor range.

Just out of town is The Outpost, owned by Ronnie Barrett of .50cal Barrett rifle fame. They're pretty good for selection as well.

If the wife unit drags you to Opry Mills Mall, you can kill some time in Bass Pro. Gun selection is pretty tame & the prices are MSRP, but the outdoor gear is worth looking at, IMO.

There also may be a gun show the weekend you're in town as well, check the calendar.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad I looked here, I'm in Dollywood now, headed to Nashville next.
Drove by smokey mountain and am planning on going sometime, will check out Buds.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Drove by smokey mountain and am planning on going sometime, will check out Buds.
Thanks
View Quote

So...is Dollywood as hokey as I think it's going to be?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone makes it to Broadway let me know
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks

It's fairly hokey, but we are enjoying it. We have 3 and 5 year olds so we're limited in the rides we can do, but it's a nice park. Hit the water park this morning, boys had a blast and are passed out. Hoping to explore pigeon forge tonight, it's very tourist trappy, but to be expected.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#10]
All the good gunshots are in Memphis.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:55:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

or North Nashville.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There's several gun shops in Nashville but two are head & shoulders above the others. The Gun Crew has more variety of black rifles than any other shop I've seen. The Nashville Armory is a decent shop & has an indoor range.

Just out of town is The Outpost, owned by Ronnie Barrett of .50cal Barrett rifle fame. They're pretty good for selection as well.

If the wife unit drags you to Opry Mills Mall, you can kill some time in Bass Pro. Gun selection is pretty tame & the prices are MSRP, but the outdoor gear is worth looking at, IMO.

There also may be a gun show the weekend you're in town as well, check the calendar.

Hope this helps.

View Quote

I thought they got bought out a few months back?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, there was a negotiation about another shop becoming a "managing" entity. But the wheels fell off when the money came into play, i.e. they didn't have any.

Clearly I wasn't privy to the negotiations but I was told this by someone extremely close to the situation. Extreme Weapons is the other shop seeking the buy-in. I could tell some more stories about them, but I'll refrain from them on the net..............    

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks

If you stay for the fireworks, at 25 after 9 go through the emporium at the exit and go to the right towards the tram loading area, stand at the black fence just past the building, you will have the best possible view of the fireworks, and will be able to hop right on the parking trams to avoid the mass exodus.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you stay for the fireworks, at 25 after 9 go through the emporium at the exit and go to the right towards the tram loading area, stand at the black fence just past the building, you will have the best possible view of the fireworks, and will be able to hop right on the parking trams to avoid the mass exodus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks

Awesome tip! Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:42:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No, there was a negotiation about another shop becoming a "managing" entity. But the wheels fell off when the money came into play, i.e. they didn't have any.

Clearly I wasn't privy to the negotiations but I was told this by someone extremely close to the situation. Extreme Weapons is the other shop seeking the buy-in. I could tell some more stories about them, but I'll refrain from them on the net..............    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything Weapons

And I don't know where they'd get the $$ to buy The Outpost. They have the same guns every time I've gone in there, and Outpost Armory wants retail+ for their stuff.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Awesome tip! Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks

Awesome tip! Thanks!

And check out Cade's Cove, beautiful. We went last night, didn't see any bears though, just deer.
There are a bunch of original settlement cabins and buildings from the 1800's.
Look into it, worth checking out IMHO, and it's free.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#19]
To be fair, anyone with an FFL can have a rack of new guns.  The only store that has  milsurps and used stuff in any decent quantity is Franklin gun shop.  They're douchey and overpriced, but it's true.

When I'm hunting for French guns or something in particular used, Franklin is the only place that has a prayer.  It's purely economic in nature, given their location and more money being tossed around that area.  It certainly isn't their service or personality.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

or North Nashville.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or North Nashville.

Hey now, east and south Nashville are pretty good shots too
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#21]
If you're going from Pigeon Forge to Nashville and have some time to kill check out Cummins Falls, absolutely beautiful.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Can someone from out of state buy a gun in Tennessee?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Can someone from out of state buy a gun in Tennessee?
View Quote

Certainly. But a handgun HAS to be transferred to your local FFL of your choice. A long gun can be purchased but the states that are allowed to buy & get them here is a bit murky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top