Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2016 8:14:03 PM EDT
Im coming down to Nashville from Alaska this thurs and fri, and Im looking for good bars with a good crowd of 2 step type dancing.  suggestions would be great.  I have zero fear of meeting women, and I wear one out and move on to the next all fucking night, so if youre up for talking to dozens of women that I break the ice with then completely ignore, feel welcome to come along/keep me out of trouble.

why does this feel like a craigslist personal ad?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't do country music or line dancing but I hear Wildhorse Saloon downtown is what you need. Check their web site for scheduling before you go. Maybe call them & ask for other places as well?

Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know of a single bar that fits that bill.

Everything is just crowded mayhem.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't do the bar thing but one of the younger guys at work is into the line dancing and country karaoke. He recommends Play Dance Bar and Blue Gene's on Church st. They take it pretty serious getting all duded up. Better at least have cowboy boots, hat, jeans
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't do country music or line dancing but I hear Wildhorse Saloon downtown is what you need. Check their web site for scheduling before you go. Maybe call them & ask for other places as well?

Good luck!
View Quote

I will check it out, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't know of a single bar that fits that bill.

Everything is just crowded mayhem.
View Quote

Oh man, I hope not
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't do the bar thing but one of the younger guys at work is into the line dancing and country karaoke. He recommends Play Dance Bar and Blue Gene's on Church st. They take it pretty serious getting all duded up. Better at least have cowboy boots, hat, jeans
View Quote

Lmao.  Watch out for that guy, I think he might be a gay.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He shows up on time, turns in paperwork on time, work is always good and he doesn't make waves. Not in my span of supervision so I don't delve deeper. I just brought it up at the coffee machine and those were his suggestions for line dancing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He shows up on time, turns in paperwork on time, work is always good and he doesn't make waves. Not in my span of supervision so I don't delve deeper. I just brought it up at the coffee machine and those were his suggestions for line dancing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok gotcha, I googled the bars and it said gay bars, heh.  I thought ya were sending me to a gay bar, which I would have gotten a good laugh out of and reported back.  I dont do line dancing much, im looking for partner dancing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Well the dude at work is gay. I asked him about his bar suggestions and how you looked them up. He says straight people don't dance like that around Nashville anymore. Also knows of a square dancing club if your into that lol. I don't know man, he says most of the country bars in Nashville that do have dance floors are more like a mosh pit at a Metallica concert and if you want to do real country dancing you will to go where the crowds love to dance.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well the dude at work is gay. I asked him about his bar suggestions and how you looked them up. He says straight people don't dance like that around Nashville anymore. Also knows of a square dancing club if your into that lol. I don't know man, he says most of the country bars in Nashville that do have dance floors are more like a mosh pit at a Metallica concert and if you want to do real country dancing you will to go where the crowds love to dance.
View Quote

People in Nashville only line dance on TV and in movies, or I guess at gay clubs. You really have nothing to worry about if you do decide to go to one of the guy's suggested clubs. Mrs. IHJ always says that the gay clubs have the best drinks and best dance partners in town, and are a reasonably safe place to hang out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I've never seen line dancing at Play.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#12]
The only place I've seen line dancing is in music videos and wedding receptions. Maybe it's a Texas thing that people mistake for a Nashville thing. It's pretty goofy-looking unless you do it 'Saturday Night Fever"-style.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top