Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2016 9:08:38 AM EDT
Taking the family to Gatlinburg for the weekend. Rented a cabin right between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Need a couple places to eat while there. Name some "absolutely must try" restaurants in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg? And tell me why.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Smoky Mtn. Brewery.  It's up behind Calhoun's in Gatlinburg, and there's one in Pigeon forge where the firefighter putt putt is.  They have a limited menu.  Their pizza is some of the best I've had.  They have awesome burgers.  But it's the beer that you seek, young man.  

For Mexican, No Way Jose's used to be pretty good, but I haven't been there in about 10yrs.  I suggest it because I've never seen it anywhere else, so it must not be a big chain restaurant.

J.T. Hannah's is really good grill type food, and has a cool atmosphere.  

Tom & Earl's Back Alley Grill (Gatlinburg) used to have the best hamburger in town when it was a British Pub.  I'm not sure if the menu changed, or just the name.  It looks the same.

Flapjacks for breakfast is nice.  A tad pricey, but not nearly as much as Pancake Pantry.  I like their Mt. Leconte special.  I'm curious to try Crockett's Breakfast Camp in Gatlinburg.

Go to the Apple Barn in Pigeon Forge, but do it at lunch time.  Less of a crowd and it's less expensive.  Every room you eat in is different, so ask the hostess what their favorite seats are.  There are some in an old farm house style room, and some where you sit on a front porch swing as you eat.  

People love Huck Finn's for their all you can eat vittles.  To me it's just fried food.  

The Island:  I wasn't personally impressed with Timberwood Grill and Margaritaville was way too expensive for simple foods.  Mello Mushroom just got bleh after a while.  Much better choices out there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I recommend the Greenbrier Restaurant, Big Daddy's Pizza, and Thai Palace.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestions. Will keep checking in here if anyone else has some favorite places to share.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Red Rooster in Pigeon Forge for breakfast.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The Old Mill in Pigeon Forge is good for breakfast or lunch.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Tom and Earls Back Alley Grill, good food and excellent musical performer there named Denver. Also like 3 Jimmy's.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]
As said before, Smoky Mtn Brewery, Tom & Earl's, and I will add - Best Little Italian in Gatlinburg if you like Italian.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone. We had a great time and tried a few of your suggestions. The kids finally got to see some bears in the wild on the Cade's Cove loop, which was cool. Did some hiking and they loved it, was much easier when I did it 11 years ago. Crowds weren't too bad. Needed 2 more days to hit all the stuff I wanted to in the National Park, but have done it all before so its ok. I envy you folks that live in the area.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks everyone. We had a great time and tried a few of your suggestions. The kids finally got to see some bears in the wild on the Cade's Cove loop, which was cool. Did some hiking and they loved it, was much easier when I did it 11 years ago. Crowds weren't too bad. Needed 2 more days to hit all the stuff I wanted to in the National Park, but have done it all before so its ok. I envy you folks that live in the area.
View Quote

I'm glad you and your family had a good time.

I've been there probably 20 times or more - seen almost every waterfall in the park - but I've never seen a bear.

I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've been there probably 20 times or more - seen almost every waterfall in the park - but I've never seen a bear.

I'm jealous.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm jealous.

Wha? Really?  

I remember the first time I saw a bear I was around 8, then I didn't see another one for years because it was a rare thing.  I think in the past 5yrs of going up to the park I've probably seen 20.  Just about every other time I go.  My daughter and I actually got chased out of a nice picnic spot in Cades Cove one evening last summer, lol.  

A funny thing I've noticed is, if you wanna see a bear and you can make it, go up to Cades Cove on a Wednesday, or Tues-Thurs.  For some reason I'm always seeing them then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top