Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2015 6:26:00 PM EDT
My ex is always starting shit, making my life hell as much as possible when it comes to my daughter.  In the agreement, I am supposed to have my girl on Tues and Thursdays  from 5- pm to 8pm and every other weekend from Friday 5pm to Sunday 5pm. In all actuality I get her on Tuesdays at 445 and Thursdays at 445 and keep her overnight and take her to school, Then get her on Sundays around 4 and keep her overnight. I realize she had it spelled out like that just to get more on child support. Anytime I talk to her its a damn fight. I guess shes got her back pay for disability because she mentioned earlier that she didnt need my money and money wasnt a concern anymore.. So she is being extra cu**y now. Shes always throwing up taking me back to court. When we divorced I agreed to alot of stuff. Just to get it over with, but this bitch is pissing me off more now than ever. So in the event she does take me back to court Id like to be ready. I dont want to use anybody local, because my ex mother inlaw and me work with pretty much all the local attorneys. Which is why im thinking Clarksville. The only thing I can think of her taking me back to court for would be to change the days I get my daughter. Right now I do live with my mother because that heffer takes me for a grand a month in child support and alimony, so I could see her using that as an argument... Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I used Jennifer Roberts in Dickson a few years  ago, after talking with a few attorneys in Clarksville. Provided you are factual and truthful she will help you more than most you will find in Clarksville. Clarksville being a bunch of good ole boys and all.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Give Tommy Meeks a call. He isn't cheap but he will square you away.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks fellas, Ill check into them..
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#4]
isn't there some formula that pretty much determines how much in child support you have to pay? If you can't live one what's left over, I would think a good attorney could get the amount reduced. Tell her if she's going to keep threatening to haul you back into court then your attorney is going to get the child support reduced. See how willing she will be then.

Otherwise, stick to the current agreement as strictly as possible and keep records of it all. Keep track of her harassment too. be the perfect one and make her out to be the problem case.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
isn't there some formula that pretty much determines how much in child support you have to pay? If you can't live one what's left over, I would think a good attorney could get the amount reduced. Tell her if she's going to keep threatening to haul you back into court then your attorney is going to get the child support reduced. See how willing she will be then.

Otherwise, stick to the current agreement as strictly as possible and keep records of it all. Keep track of her harassment too. be the perfect one and make her out to be the problem case.
View Quote

http://www.tennessee.gov/humanservices/article/child-support-guidelines-downloads
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 on Tommy Meeks. If you don't use him, at least consult with him so she can't use him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top