Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2015 8:30:31 PM EDT
It's open! We put up the last wood today.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
what is it?  distances?  targets?
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And where?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I was over there a few weeks ago and it looked great.  I did notice some of the plates had been shot and look liked it was almost done.  Are the lanes painted yet?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a few lanes of steel targets on chest-height hangers set at intervals. Guestimating distances, I'd say 20, 30, 50 yards?  Looks awesome for short range AR/AK plinking.

They still don't have a way to ring steel at distance that I know of.  Official rules for the rifle range are to only shoot paper, only on their backstops.  This is a big step for ORSA though, an area for non-benchrest shooting!

Until recently they had an official "No NFA" rule, but they opened that up to allow supressors and SBRs.  Good changes coming in!
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the turn-around time on membership applications at ORSA relatively quick for new members?  I'm moving from GA to Knoxville on the 11th.  I would like to get my membership cleared and take the TN CCW course there before Christmas/January (starting a new job and will be gone a lot in the spring).  I also would like to shoot some to get out of the new house/away from hanging pictures
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is the turn-around time on membership applications at ORSA relatively quick for new members?  I'm moving from GA to Knoxville on the 11th.  I would like to get my membership cleared and take the TN CCW course there before Christmas/January (starting a new job and will be gone a lot in the spring).  I also would like to shoot some to get out of the new house/away from hanging pictures
View Quote

they only do indoc once a month (first Wednesday I believe)
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's a few lanes of steel targets on chest-height hangers set at intervals. Guestimating distances, I'd say 20, 30, 50 yards?  Looks awesome for short range AR/AK plinking.

They still don't have a way to ring steel at distance that I know of.  Official rules for the rifle range are to only shoot paper, only on their backstops.  This is a big step for ORSA though, an area for non-benchrest shooting!

Until recently they had an official "No NFA" rule, but they opened that up to allow supressors and SBRs.  Good changes coming in!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are worried about this range. Safety is an issue when you have that volume of members of all skillsets
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Man I was literally there the day before you posted this to see if the new range was open yet. Oh well, looks like I know what I'll be doing next week.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Why won't they let us bang steel at 500+m?

I'm not a member but I shoot USPSA there and it would be so much fun to go push my ARs out on steel after a match. But for inside 200m, I'll just stick to my family's land.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top