Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 10:31:39 AM EDT
This is in the drunken, friends and I are sick of our jobs and want to do something else phase.... not serious.... yet...

It's either this, a liquor store, a bar, a strip joint, or a combination thereof.

I'm not talking the "Well, it takes a lot of money, cooperation, dedication..." bit. We know that.

I'm asking what YOU would like to see in a gun shop. Just putting out feelers to get ideas.

Inexpensive transfers, shooting range (or at least a single lane/bullet catch to test/try out firearms.

Would like to have a few of the more popular carry guns as demos to try out.

Gunsmith services would be a plus, but I don't know how much the demand would be. Maybe could build up customized AR's...?

Accessories, holsters, ammo, reloading gear and possible classes on reloading.

Trying to figure out what the demand is in the area. Maybe get into body armor, too....?

In my mind's eye, I see a pot-bellied stove, some chairs, and reading material. Possibly some WiFi.

Maybe go SOT/Manufacturer license......

But dealing with the BATFE....
..... On second thought, the bar is sounding better...

Any ideas or suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
A area with all the tools necessary to assemble ARs would be cool. I don't know what people would pay to rent it though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
gun trucks

good luck
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You would have to deal with ATF anyways so that should be a non-issue, plus think about having a demo suppressor on some of the rentals.

Instead of hiring a gunsmith find a good one nearby and contract with him, would be cheaper in the long run imo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1) You would have to deal with ATF anyways so that should be a non-issue, plus think about having a demo suppressor on some of the rentals.

2) Instead of hiring a gunsmith find a good one nearby and contract with him, would be cheaper in the long run imo.
View Quote

1) Well yeah, duh...  (I do like the idea of the suppressor as a demo.)

2) That's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A area with all the tools necessary to assemble ARs would be cool. I don't know what people would pay to rent it though.
View Quote

Not a bad idea at all...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not a bad idea at all...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a bad idea at all...

I'm thinking $100 bucks for use of tools, proper lube and technical assistance. Then have tools up on the wall for sale.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not a bad idea at all...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a bad idea at all...

I was in Nashville, Indiana this summer. A gun shop had a table with a vise, magwell insert, upper clamp blocks and other tools necessary to build an AR. I thought it was a great idea.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:09:20 AM EDT
[#8]
HK, this is Memphis.  The store needs BBQ.  

It would be pretty awesome to be able to sit down to a nice BBQ sandwich while waiting for your TICS check to come back.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:40:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not a bad idea at all...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a bad idea at all...

With little bins full of detents. so when you send one flying across the room, you don't have to wait on a brown truck to bring another.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:16:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
With little bins full of detents. so when you send one flying across the room, you don't have to wait on a brown truck to bring another.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a bad idea at all...

I'm figuring white magnetic walls and ceilings, with a light colored concrete floor, ... and a wide magnetic pick-up tool...

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#11]
A large selection of used guns.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#12]
A huge glass display case of optics at eye level facing an open window so that customers could look at and compare the reticles, field of view, and glass clarity.

G&A on Summer has some of their ACOG's displayed where you can view the reticle but it would be amazing if all of their optical sights could be displayed like that.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm thinking $100 bucks for use of tools, proper lube and technical assistance. Then have tools up on the wall for sale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a bad idea at all...

This really is critical
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a bad idea at all...

If the customer purchases all the parts from your shop, I'd let them use the above for free.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#15]
whats wrong with my idea

this is by God TN!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If the customer purchases all the parts from your shop, I'd let them use the above for free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a bad idea at all...

I agree with that.

Another great idea.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
whats wrong with my idea

http://www.458pbr-vungrobay.com/Copy_of_Guntruck_1.jpg

this is by God TN!
View Quote

Nice but why stop with just a M45?  Perhaps a 20mm?

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#18]
resto-mod
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I also wish there were a shop that wasn't afraid of ordering new models.   That's why I spend a lot of money with the Gun Crew, because they have the new  stuff that nobody in Memphis can be bothered to stock.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A large selection of used guns.
View Quote

This.  Amazed at the amount of new guns purchased around here and the scarcity of anything used.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#21]
What do I WANT in a gun shop?

You know the big barn shed at Knob Creek?

That.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Sales women. Hot ones with huge...tracks of land.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That.

View Quote

I agree 1000%.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Sales women. Hot ones with huge...tracks of land.
View Quote

...and call it "sHOOTER'S"?

I like the way you think.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That.

View Quote

Well..... YEAH........

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#26]
x2 or 3 for used guns, none of the stores here have anything used
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Everyone wants top dollar for their used guns. Most of the stuff on facebook sell pages are right at what you can buy new for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top