Link Posted: 6/17/2015 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
absolutely amazing..
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
She should be countersued for the cost of the bullet and cleanup.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't think for a minute that these hood rats share the same values you or I do. They see things completely differently from us. In their world if you kill someone, you go to jail. They have no concept of justifiable homicide or self defense. Defense of another is even more out there to them. Her baby is dead and someone should have to pay is all she knows. This stems from years of being taught that  everything is someone else's fault, victim mentality and sense of entitlement. I am not surprised at her comments at all. It's all part of that culture.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Since the shoot was not ruled by a court as justified, she could still sue the guy on the unlikely chance some idiot attorney would take it on spec.

- OS
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since the shoot was not ruled by a court as justified, she could still sue the guy on the unlikely chance some idiot attorney would take it on spec.

- OS
View Quote

Criminally, he will not be prosecuted, but civilly he could be sued, so yes, you are correct.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#7]
She would have been OK with her son being shot and killed by the store clerk that her son was robbing at gunpoint, but thinks the good Samaritan should go to prison for killing her son, because the good Samaritan was in no danger???

How fucked in the head does a person have to be, to make public statements like that?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like the shooter was a felon. He is probably boned
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#9]
"Joyce Stapleton said he wanted to get out of Knox County, and perhaps go live in Morristown. She said she thought things were about to get better for him."

She was right, things did get better for him. He is no longer a burden on society.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't think for a minute that these hood rats share the same values you or I do. They see things completely differently from us. In their world if you kill someone, you go to jail. They have no concept of justifiable homicide or self defense. Defense of another is even more out there to them. Her baby is dead and someone should have to pay is all she knows. This stems from years of being taught that  everything is someone else's fault, victim mentality and sense of entitlement. I am not surprised at her comments at all. It's all part of that culture.
View Quote

100% On the money.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any link to this info? not finding anything on it?

Nevermind! Will be interesting to see how this plays out. http://www.knoxnews.com/news/watchful-eye/robbery-suspects-killer-idd-as-felon-with-a-lengthy-record_49617640
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still can't be tried under TN law regarding possession during the incident, and DA has already acknowledged that as per 39-17-1322.  Would be a mess trying to convict him of "having possessed it" before the incident, I'd think, but maybe they could if they want to go all out.  I guess if they give gun back to him and he takes possession,  then they could easily pop him.

They could notify the Feds and see if they want to prosecute him, though, that's pretty cut and dried as to the violation under Federal law.

- OS
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nevermind! Will be interesting to see how this plays out. http://www.knoxnews.com/news/watchful-eye/robbery-suspects-killer-idd-as-felon-with-a-lengthy-record_49617640
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude deserves a pass on this one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"Joyce Stapleton said he wanted to get out of Knox County, and perhaps go live in Morristown. She said she thought things were about to get better for him."

She was right, things did get better for him. He is no longer a burden on society.

View Quote

More air for the rest of us...
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#16]
"he just automatically went into the store and shot my son in the head."

Nice shot.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:01:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Good shoot
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good shoot
View Quote

They did of course confiscate his pistola.

- OS

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

concur.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude deserves a pass on this one.

concur.

Agreed. That guy just did the tax payers, law enforcement etc a huge favor. Dude should get his rights reinstated.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#20]
He's gone now, there's nothing anyone can do. What do you think a mother would say when she is processing this and being badgered by idiot 18 year old reporters constantly?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:10:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

So robbing an innocent victim is how she defines things "getting better" for him?  

Typical thug momma mentality - that the victims should stfu and die so their offspring can take what they want from them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He's gone now, there's nothing anyone can do.
Good
What do you think a mother would say when she is processing this and being badgered by idiot 18 year old reporters constantly?
I'm sure that she was really badgered. .  
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's gone now, there's nothing anyone can do.
Good
What do you think a mother would say when she is processing this and being badgered by idiot 18 year old reporters constantly?
I'm sure that she was really badgered. .  

I give it 70/30 that he was nothing more to her than a check.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:55:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

100% On the money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% On the money.

ive seen the same "logic" during decades of service
in the AA community, as a plumbing contractor.
many times on calls, had to clarify that me ,the plumber
that was called, is the SOLUTION TO, BUT NOT PART OF THEIR PROBLEM.
didnt have to be a dead kid involved. just bad logic.on every level.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:25:28 AM EDT
[#25]

and a old AA guy popped him, he knew the clerk...... proof of the "logic". oh well, bye.
i like that theres no charges, and hero is a convict.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's an update!  There was a small group protesting out on the sidewalk today in favor of the dude that got killed.  

http://wate.com/2015/07/13/deceased-knoxville-robbery-suspects-mother-holds-candlelight-vigil-still-seeking-justice/

Best thing is that one of the protestors Joy Fain (the mother?) decides to get in the comments and argue her case, lol.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#28]

That has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever seen......

Then again, they truly believe that shit.......
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I bet if Scruggs was caucasian, the Rainbow Coalition would be marching in the streets.  Mr Scruggs, regardless of his record, needs to be thanked.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Photo is a bogus doctored one from Ferguson.

Original pic:

- OS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top