Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2015 6:55:22 PM EDT
I have been slowly gathering all the parts for a new upper and should have the last parts in the next few days.

I would really like to check the headspace of my barrel / barrel extension / bolt but don't have a set of gauges.

Now I could go out and buy a set but I have just about cleaned out my gun fund by spending more than I intended on parts and I just don't want to buy them right now.

I'm hoping to find someone to help me out so I can get my upper together and to the range.

Edit:

I think I have this taken care of now. Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I can round up a field gage, but not a Go/NoGo set.  

Never really saw the need for a set, you know how that goes.

Let me know if you would like to use it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can round up a field gage, but not a Go/NoGo set.  

Never really saw the need for a set, you know how that goes.

Let me know if you would like to use it.
View Quote

I've been reading up on it and there are differing opinions on it for sure. To be truthful, I don't know enough about it to have an opinion.

Odds are it would be ok not even checking it but I would feel a lot better knowing it was right.

I'll get in touch with you if I can't get my hands on a whole set. It would be interesting to me to try a go, no go and a field gauge just to see.

Always like to learn something new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top