BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

yep, that's how I interpret it, ...but i'm the out-of-town guy...   so, I still need to read up on the TN laws...  i'm getting the impression that TN is not an open carry state, or maybe requires a license to open carry?... i'll be CC'ing though...   one thing I need to look into is the laws as pertains to CC in establishments where alcohol is served, since I'm inclined to think this was a 50/50 type condition, but perhaps was modified of late?...
View Quote

As a rule, you are good to go without it being posted.  License allows open carry or concealed.  Allowed to carry in bars as long as its not posted.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

As a rule, you are good to go without it being posted.  License allows open carry or concealed.  Allowed to carry in bars as long as its not posted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep, that's how I interpret it, ...but i'm the out-of-town guy...   so, I still need to read up on the TN laws...  i'm getting the impression that TN is not an open carry state, or maybe requires a license to open carry?... i'll be CC'ing though...   one thing I need to look into is the laws as pertains to CC in establishments where alcohol is served, since I'm inclined to think this was a 50/50 type condition, but perhaps was modified of late?...

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone from Memphis going? I am debating between friday or saturday.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm thinking about maybe a one-day sortie on Friday.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

TN allows open or concealed carry with a permit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Did anyone else get their pre-registration "badge" in the mail? I got mine today, and am not really sure what the badge part is, I feel like they forgot to put mine in the package, lol
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll be heading up there early friday morning.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

yep.  the "badge" is the part of the folded paper that says "NRA Annual Convention"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did anyone else get their pre-registration "badge" in the mail? I got mine today, and am not really sure what the badge part is, I feel like they forgot to put mine in the package, lol

yep.  the "badge" is the part of the folded paper that says "NRA Annual Convention"

That's kinda what I figured... I guess I had pictured something a bit more
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be heading up there early friday morning.

Cool. We should have breakfast or lunch.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#11]
All the cool kids.

Including me
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I got my package of four badges and cool looking badge holders the other day.

I plan to be there Friday OCing my S&W 329PD.

See you guys there!!!!

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep, my plan is for Friday.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:44:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I have not seen a meeting/gathering place or time specifically mentioned (but maybe I missed it).

I would really like to be able to meet some of you guys. I hope I can make it to the time and place you decide.
What about 11:30 on Friday some where on the floor. Maybe at the Magpul booth 2336, they had lots of space last year. Just an idea. Just throwing darts.
It would give us sometime before the leadership forum at 1PM (I want to see all of the politicians pitch to the members).

And since I am moving to Tennessee this summer I thought I might be a good idea know you. And I want to hear your take on the NRA since I now represent the membership.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#15]
IM Sent.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#16]
From another thread, but trying to make this work as we talked about it last year and it did not happen.

Quoted:
No can do.
Saturday for me.
View Quote

Since we will never be able to accommodate everyone and life happens, let try different approach. Get both!

Let's do a Friday at 11:30 - Magpul booth
& Saturday at 15:00 same place.

Friday meet up thoughts: time before NRA-ILA event and give folks time to take in some morning show floor goodies.

Saturday meet up thoughts: members meeting might go three hours (starts at 10:00) and it gives folks time to grab lunch and meet up.

This allows us all at least two chance to meet up.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:10:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

that is an excellent idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From another thread, but trying to make this work as we talked about it last year and it did not happen.

Quoted:
No can do.
Saturday for me.

Since we will never be able to accommodate everyone and life happens, let try different approach. Get both!

Friday meet up thoughts: time before NRA-ILA event and give folks time to take in some morning show floor goodies.

Saturday meet up thoughts: members meeting might go three hours (starts at 10:00) and it gives folks time to grab lunch and meet up.

Nolo we've met several years ago in Memphis at the flying saucer, but I'd like to meet up again, shake your hand and thank you in person for fighting for our rights.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Nolo we've met several years ago in Memphis at the flying saucer, but I'd like to meet up again, shake your hand and thank you in person for fighting for our rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No can do.

Saturday for me.

Agree with this, except that I've never met Nolo.  Would very much like to thank you personally.  I'll more than likely going up on Friday only.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I have to bow out.

Company gave me my marching orders.  Have to be in Canada on Monday.  

On the plus side, gonna make bank.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#21]
There is a Flying Saucer right off Broadway behind the Union Station hotel, it is a small hike uphill maybe 4-5 blocks from the convention center, should be off the beaten path enough to not be extremely crowded
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#22]
So voting for the 76th Member of the NRA board is only open to voting members who attend annual meeting. It is a one year term, so that person must run again on the very next ballot (2016).

Voting takes place outside of the Grand Ballroom at the Music City Center, which is where the Members Meeting will be held on Saturday.
Voting is taking place on Friday and Saturday until 4 PM.

Vote early, but you can't vote often because they check to see who you are. Amazing that .... If we only .... Never mind

Vote Maloney

Sean traveled the country from the 2013 Colorado recalls & knocking on door in Virginia , 2014 trips to Connecticut and Iowa, among many trips to get out the grassroots across the country. Sean earned my trust , he is a brilliant and effective grassroots tactician. I stand with Sean .... Please consider voting Sean and know that you are getting a member centric board member. He will also be at the ARFCOM rally points on both Friday and Saturday  to meet ARFCOM members. More Board members who work with us and represent our interests the better.

Sean and I in Iowa on our our dime in Oct '14 standing with our friends from the IOWA firearms Coalition. And don't axpect anything less of Sean and I than traveling to stand where we are needed (and never on the NRA dime).
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There is a Flying Saucer right off Broadway behind the Union Station hotel, it is a small hike uphill maybe 4-5 blocks from the convention center, should be off the beaten path enough to not be extremely crowded
View Quote

Beer Seller is closer & has pool tables. FS has better looking honey's though..................
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Mmmmm, honey...
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the same thing. I figured at least something with my name and NRA Membership level. Guess not. lol
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll be arriving Thursday evening.  Attending the firearms law seminar on Friday.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#28]
T-3 days...
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll be there. My brother lives in Franklin and I'm staying with him. He says parking is gonna be rough. Anybody know about any shuttle bus service from parking areas in case we can't park a reasonable distance away?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:58:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'll be there. My brother lives in Franklin and I'm staying with him. He says parking is gonna be rough. Anybody know about any shuttle bus service from parking areas in case we can't park a reasonable distance away?
View Quote

http://www.nraam.org/hotel-travel/parking.aspx
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Either park at LP Field (where the Titans play) or plan on walking a good bit, IMO. Shuttles are FREE but parking is $10. Fair deal, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#32]
There are also shuttles running from downtown hotels.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Well crap, I'm out!  

Have to attend a memorial for a friend south AL this weekend.

Dang it!

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'll be taking a shuttle. Should I wear my shuttle door gunner patch?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are also shuttles running from downtown hotels.

I'll be taking a shuttle. Should I wear my shuttle door gunner patch?

I would.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
No can do.
Saturday for me.

See you there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll be there. I've got a tan Larue Tactical cap with my screen name on the back, assuming I can find it. Otherwise I will be in the front row at the Marty Morgan presentations and probably John Plaster's too.

Worse comes to worse, look for the older guy with the glasses next to the 5'10 redhead with the spiked hair.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Oops.....Double Tap.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll see you all at the booth both days. I will be the tall one-legged guy riding a knee scooter. Hard 2 miss me.

I'll be wearing a Gadsden flag t-shirt on Friday and a NRA Benefactor t-shirt on Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Standing in front of the Millennium Maxwell House Hotel, waiting to go to supper with our very own Mikey Webb, NRA Tennessee Senior Field Rep.

Anybody out and about, eating and drankin'?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Standing in front of the Millennium Maxwell House Hotel, waiting to go to supper with our very own Mikey Webb, NRA Tennessee Senior Field Rep.

View Quote

I am staying at the MMH this weekend - I live in MJ, but it's easier for me to just stay than to fight the traffic every day.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I am staying at the MMH this weekend - I live in MJ, but it's easier for me to just stay than to fight the traffic every day.z
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am staying at the MMH this weekend - I live in MJ, but it's easier for me to just stay than to fight the traffic every day.z
You going to be at the meet-up friday?

I'm going to be busy alllllllday tomorrow.

Need to be at the Center by 1:30, to start getting ready for the NRA Foundation banquet.

It'll be a loooooong day.....
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
Went to the Rock Bottom brew pub, per a recommendation by HermanSnerd.

It was very good. Sat on the roof, and had an after supper shot of Patrone.

HOLY CRAP!

Beale Street ain't got nothing on (and around) Broadway in downtown NashVegas!!!

I could do some real damage to my sobriety and wallet down there...

(That also has to be the largest concentration of boot and cowboy hat stores this side of Dallas...)

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Yep, got it on my iPhone.

VERY helpful to have.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#46]
What is the final word on carrying and the show/convention center?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:41:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Convention, yes. Alan Jackson concert, no.  

Don't carry & drink, a TN law no-no.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And I'd be shocked if you can carry during the speeches by perry, Cruz, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Convention, yes. Alan Jackson concert, no.  

Don't carry & drink, a TN law no-no.

And I'd be shocked if you can carry during the speeches by perry, Cruz, etc.

yeah, probably not a good idea. Maybe you could offer the secret service(or whatever security candidates have) some Columian hookers in exchange for carrying.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#50]
The way the Secret Service has been screwing up lately, the 'candidates' may be better protected by US!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top