Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2015 11:33:46 AM EDT
I am into old farm and industrial engines and looking for a source for parts in TN. Specifically for Waukesha and Continental multi cylinder power units and Gravely two wheel tractors but a lot of tractor, welder, generator, pump, and forklift companies used these engines too. I have sources local to me to have magnetos, starters, alternators/generators, and injection pumps rebuilt.
Who else is in to old iron in TN?
Also who has a PTO clutch for a Continental Y series laying around?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll keep an eye out for old engines and equipment in my travels.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#2]
For Gravely parts, try Highland Rim Tractor. They work on my Gravely & have all sorts of boneyard donors under their shed. Can't help on the others, sorry.

I'd advise to hit some of the antique tractor shows/parades & get your networking up to date.

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey BobCole thanks for the info. As far as the donor tractors we are talking about these right?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey BobCole thanks for the info. As far as the donor tractors we are talking about these right?
http://i36.tinypic.com/9axqmw.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, the old "L" model (IIRC). Highland Rim has the ONLY Gravely trained/certified mechanic on their older machines for miles around (I was told). Good folks there.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Bob! Good to know as I just bought my first Gravely, a 66 model L8 Super Convertible with a tiller attachment. I've had the starter rebuilt and am fixing to get into the carb and check the magneto and bring it back to life
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:36:44 PM EDT
[#6]
New Continental Y91 I just got. 1965 unrun in the crate.
</a>" />

</a>" />

" />
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:54:01 AM EDT
[#7]
</a>" />

</a>" />

" />
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:58:47 AM EDT
[#8]
</a>" />

</a>" />

" />
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#9]
HOW in the WORLD is an engine able to be un-ran since 1965?????
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#10]
That's just cool. F&$@ AlGore!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gotta love hoarders!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Gotta love hoarders!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta love hoarders!

About 2 years ago we finally sold a 1957 Wisconsin 4 cyl engine for a John Deere wire tie baler still in the crate.  Had been in our warehouse since new.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

About 2 years ago we finally sold a 1957 Wisconsin 4 cyl engine for a John Deere wire tie baler still in the crate.  Had been in our warehouse since new.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta love hoarders!

Got anything else like that?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:55:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Had 9 misc. steel wheels for equipment, sold them at the same time.  That was the last of the parts from the 50's left from the family business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top