Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2014 10:21:02 PM EDT
A couple of us are planning on running up to the Louisville, KY gun show this Sun. Anyone else wish to tag along (in their car as ours is full) is welcome. We'll be eating on Bardstown Rd afterwards & certainly a visit to the Pie Kitchen is a given.  

This show is a nice sized show. Bigger than the Knox Expo show, IMO. The only other time I went there they had mostly older stuff over new stuff by something like 70-30%, I'd say. So for fans of the older S&W's (like I am), this show is a good place to finger bang some goodies.  

The rest of youse guys can suffer thru the Germantown Show.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice little show yesterday. Saw a LOT of guns I had never seen before, almost all of them older guns. Saw a Gyro Jet gun made in the 1970s, a Buck Rogers design type.

Bought a Colt Official Police (post war) .22LR 6" in really nice shape (probably had been refinished but *I* don't care) for $450. Bore & cylinder made it look like it had been a safe queen, IMO.

Not many black rifles there, just a few here & there.

I saw 2 dozen tables empty Sun. I was told some dealers had a slow Fri & they packed up & left. Many more packed & left Sat & saw more packing before noon on Sun.  

Had a bit of a run in with an asshole dealer named Sherwood Guns. For some reason the Louisville show attracts asshole dealers like sweaters pick up lint.  [>://  

All other dealers were pretty nice except for a guy who had 4-5 S&W .22LR revolvers. His tag had no price on it & when I asked how much he got all snippy & said, "$1000 & NOT a penny less!"  

Crotchety old bastard. I wished I had Indian John with me then.............................  

Well worth the drive for those whom have never been, IMO. Eat on Bardstown Rd afterwards & be sure to visit the Pie Kitchen for dessert.    
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Would you have preferred "trash can-stuff" or "swat over the head with leather cap"?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish we had decent shows around here. The Knoxville shows are always pathetic wastes of money. Lots of mall ninja garbage, old rusty pieces of junk, and overpriced ammo.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would you have preferred "trash can-stuff" or "swat over the head with leather cap"?
View Quote

"Skinning alive" with that asshole would have been appropriate, IMO.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wish we had decent shows around here. The Knoxville shows are always pathetic wastes of money. Lots of mall ninja garbage, old rusty pieces of junk, and overpriced ammo.
View Quote

We must have entirely different perspectives of Knox shows, IMO. The Expo shows I've been to were usually pretty decent shows. Not always, certainly, but most of the time.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We must have entirely different perspectives of Knox shows, IMO. The Expo shows I've been to were usually pretty decent shows. Not always, certainly, but most of the time.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If those are decent shows, then I would hate to see a bad one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If those are decent shows, then I would hate to see a bad one.
View Quote

About the only other non-dealer who perhaps has been to more shows in TN than me is Ken Mays. I've been to shows from Memphis to Kingsport, big & small. Some suck, some were decent. None are always good nor always bad.  

I would be interested to hear from you what you consider a "good show"?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top