Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/21/2014 2:10:53 PM EDT
I am not too concerned about riots here in Memphis or in other areas of Tennessee, but everyone should be aware that there are events
being planned for after the Grand Jury verdict.

We may not see mobs of ne'er do wells marching through the streets, but I would not want to accidently wander into a group hanging out in a parking lot
or loitering in a store. (Remember the Kroger video from a few weeks ago)?

From the main Ferguson thread, here is a link to the Ferguson National Response site:
http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/

So far, they have protests planned in Oak Ridge, Knoxville, Nashville, and Memphis.

Times and locations are posted on that site linked above.

For all of my Memphis crew brethren and sisteren, the rally is proposed for the day after the announcement at 5:00pm
at the intersection of Poplar and Highland.

Instantly, you will recognize that this is nearby one of Memphis' most treasured and loved landmarks.

If this sacred institution is in danger of being looted, pillaged, or burned, we must gird up our loins, and rally to protect this wonderful and revered establishment.

Buster's Liquor Store must be defended at all costs!

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
None shall pass!!!

(Don't forget A-Tan, 'neithers...)

I'm sooper cereal.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I love some of the slogans on that web site and the strong references to the Black Panthers.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Last time they had protests at Poplar and N. Parkway in Memphis, there wasn't any minorities protesting.  Just looked like a bunch of young college activists.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last time they had protests at Poplar and N. Parkway in Memphis, there wasn't any minorities protesting.  Just looked like a bunch of young college activists.
View Quote

I remember the news pics from that pitiful protest.

About 5 people showed up!

I guess that is a great thing about Memphis.............

the same laziness that infects some people not to go get a job also inhibits their desire to riot.

But just to be safe.....

maybe we should follow Congressman Cohen's advice and start digging that moat around the A-tan and Buster's liquors shopping center.

We will concede Poplar Plaza to the enemy!

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The moat will be the only thing necessary.  It's not like they can swim.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Well my condo is just a few blocks from the downtown Nashville location.  I have a desire to show up.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The moat will be the only thing necessary.  It's not like they can swim.
View Quote

Even if they can swim, we would just need to fill the moat with goldfish.

Most inner-city dwellers freak out at about being near animals..........ANY animals.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I haven't had the 1919 out in years....
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#9]
They plan on protesting at Y-12 in Oak Ridge?  Chances are that won't go well for them.
And in front of the Federal Bldg downtown Knoxville? Feds will love that one also.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Dunlap? Dunlap???
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#11]
lol
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#12]

DanTSX most epic trolling...

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They plan on protesting at Y-12 in Oak Ridge?  Chances are that won't go well for them.
And in front of the Federal Bldg downtown Knoxville? Feds will love that one also.
View Quote

People protest in front of the fed building plenty of times and aren't disappeared.  If there's going to be a protest over government, that's the logical place to be.  Y12 is a bit odd, though.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

People protest in front of the fed building plenty of times and aren't disappeared.  If there's going to be a protest over government, that's the logical place to be.  Y12 is a bit odd, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "movement" is being taken over by other radicals.  Started out as urban cop hate, but bleeding heart liberal started getting mixed in, then the crazy fringes of the left saw it as something they could bend to their will.  Radical islam (or their supporters?) have popped up in Ferguson.  Remnants of the occupy movement started holding "protest training" in Ferguson.  A "target map" put out by the "instigators" includes various St Louis area sites such as the factory where the F-15 fighter jets were built.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:11:17 AM EDT
[#15]
If anyone needs safe haven, I'm in Bartlett :p
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:22:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

the same laziness that infects some people not to go get a job also inhibits their desire to riot.

But just to be safe.....

maybe we should follow Congressman Cohen's advice and start digging that moat around the A-tan and Buster's liquors shopping center.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But just to be safe.....

At one time I would have joined you and said we must defend the the El Chico's ( formally next door to busters).   but sadly there is no fine tex mex establishment left to defend.    
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#17]
There's a report that the feds caught a couple guys trying to buy pipe bombs, in St Louis.  Apparently they were planning some sort of terror attack, to coincide with the protests.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There's a report that the feds caught a couple guys trying to buy pipe bombs, in St Louis.  Apparently they were planning some sort of terror attack, to coincide with the protests.
View Quote

I was coming here to post this. As said by someone earlier, the last Memphis protests were weak, but I am planning on staying away from large unannounced groups and published protest sites  in the city for a while. Plans aren't much different than any time I drive through town. lol. Situational awareness.

St. Louis could be in for a bumpy ride.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was coming here to post this. As said by someone earlier, the last Memphis protests were weak, but I am planning on staying away from large unannounced groups and published protest sites  in the city for a while. Plans aren't much different than any time I drive through town. lol. Situational awareness.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might be a good idea to stay away from the protest at Y-12 in Oak Ridge, or any other potential terrorist targets near a protest.

Since they were trying to "buy" pipe bombs, they weren't the smartest terrorists around.  Mix a good dose of stupid with a revolutionary or jihad attitude, and things could get very unpredictable.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's pretty funny. I've never heard of someone trying to buy a pipe bomb. Too bad they didn't come see me, I would have loaded them down with some high grade road flares and Play-dough.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't think Nashville is going to be an issue. There may be a 1/2 dozen hotheads over at TSU with the usual "hate whitey" mantra but I don't foresee any real issues. Hoodrats seem to sense that TN folks have LOTS of guns & have HCP's. Those tend to chill things down a notch or three, IMO............  

Now, Memphis OTOH might be a different story entirely......................  
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's pretty funny. I've never heard of someone trying to buy a pipe bomb. Too bad they didn't come see me, I would have loaded them down with some high grade road flares and Play-dough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta love capitalism.  LOL. Those geniuses, would have probably went for it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given what the Ferguson protesters have been doing about gas masks, they probably wouldn't have hesitated to buy the road flares and play-dough.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I have Flintville covered. If it gets real bad I'll enlist Hugo_Stieglitz.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#25]
just bring some job applications and I can promise you that the crowd will disappear quickly when you drive by and toss them out the window.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
just bring some job applications and I can promise you that the crowd will disappear quickly when you drive by and toss them out the window.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I don't think Nashville is going to be an issue. There may be a 1/2 dozen hotheads over at TSU with the usual "hate whitey" mantra but I don't foresee any real issues. Hoodrats seem to sense that TN folks have LOTS of guns & have HCP's. Those tend to chill things down a notch or three, IMO............  

Now, Memphis OTOH might be a different story entirely......................  
View Quote

Considering what they manage to muster for homecoming, I hope the TSU crowd doesn't come downtown.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#28]
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/st-louis-area-braces-for-aftershock-of-ferguson-shooting-grand-jury-decision/2014/11/22/f0615786-7263-11e4-ad12-3734c461eab6_story.html

“If Darren Wilson walks, America must be brought to a halt,” said Lou Downey, a supporter of the Revolutionary Communist Party, a group that advocates for a turbulent version of nonviolence and civil disobedience in Ferguson. “That means no business as usual. It means blocking streets and walking out of schools. It means we refuse to accept this.”
View Quote

Meantime, protest leaders have been preparing for weeks for the grand jury decision by readying safe houses, emergency packs and signs while also scouting out new protest sites. They launched a Web site with information on where would-be protesters around the country have posted plans for actions in their cities. Once the grand jury announcement is made, protest leaders will send a blast text message to a list of 16,000 subscribers — mobilizing them into action across the country.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I saw this posted in one of the other threads..............

BREAKING NEWS

FERGUSON PROTESTORS JUST LOOTED A WAL-MART

Not a single pair of work boots was stolen!

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Considering what they manage to muster for homecoming, I hope the TSU crowd doesn't come downtown.  
View Quote

Yep, they manage to have a shooting every year in their parade.  

But I don't think they'll get out of their comfort zone around the TSU campus, IMO.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Protesting at Y-12?  Ok...

Are they hoping the plant managers hear their demands and....do what?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

They don't want to go there.

They are prepared for this, as absurd as it sounds.

Was there Friday and they definitely know about this.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#33]
A guy robs a store then attacks a cop and attempts to take his weapon. Cop kills said fuck stick in self defense. And the cop is a bad guy?  I don't get it. I guess "It ain't (America) no more"
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:01:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Good grief.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A guy robs a store then attacks a cop and attempts to take his weapon. Cop kills said fuck stick in self defense. And the cop is a bad guy?  I don't get it. I guess "It ain't (America) no more"
View Quote

Well said! I can't fathom how its so hard for everyone else to understand this!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The people having the most trouble understanding this, hate cops far worse than any cop hater in General Discussion.  Over the last couple of months, they have shown that they will gladly place themselves in obvious (to those watching from outside) danger, simply because outsiders with their own agenda have come in and given them "training".  One of the latest examples is their "Copwatchers", who "swarm" cops and surround them, when they make a traffic stop.  Anybody who bothers to think this through logically, can see that their "trainer' wants more unarmed people shot by cops, to further fuel the rage.

These aren't the brightest bulbs around.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#37]
This just in.........

At 6:00 pm Eastern time, there will be an announcement where the Justice Department will announce the time and date when they will announce the official announcement!

Saw this in one of the other threads, and it was too damned funny not to share:

There once was a thug named Mike Brown
who tried to beat a cop down
six bullets later
he met his Creator
now a mob wants to burn the whole town!

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Lots of sirens going off in downtown Nashville... not sure if coincidence or not...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lots of sirens going off in downtown Nashville... not sure if coincidence or not...
View Quote

Just a reminder........

if you do not have a police scanner and want to keep up with what is going on live, you can go to broadcastify.com and find your local police or sheriff's department's radio broadcasts.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Good luck fellas.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#41]
On CBS Now.  Lots of people on the streets outside the court house.

I don't think I've ever seen a prosecutor give a press statement before the......oh nevermind. Must have been a closed court room.  No charges.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Okay he has been cleared. So anyways, Tn football sucks this year.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Gonna be a long night.  Riot cops are out in force of course.

I've said it before, and will say it again, stuff like this doesn't happen just because one guy got killed.  No doubt there's been a long history between the people in that town and the authority.  You can see some highly questionable actions by police during the first stages of the protests/riots, with cops gassing media crews and pointing their weapons at people like they're playing army.

The people of that town, though, picked the worst hill to die on.  What a stupid incident to choose to back by everybody from the local yokels to holder.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
On CBS Now.  Lots of people on the streets outside the court house.

I don't think I've ever seen a prosecutor give a press statement before the......oh nevermind. Must have been a closed court room.  No charges.
View Quote

Yeah, and the courthouse isn't even in Ferguson, where the real mob is, and where shots have apparently already been fired.

- OS
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Watch your rear guys when traveling about the city today.  The weather forecast looks like we will have a nice day for rioting.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#46]
"I look like the guy who did this, and that kind of, it hurts.
View Quote

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/Nashville-Group-Reacts-To-Grand-Jury-Decision-In-Ferguson-283786431.html

A whole lot of WTF in this story. Good old Ch. 5 trying their best to make up something out of nothing more than a clueless idiotic female.......................      
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't know what is going on for sure, but one of my foreman was at Y-12 today and the guards were sending them out at 4.

I've been stuck just outside at ORNL and it appears business as usuall.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Wreg showing a "protest" starting at poplar and highland in Memphis.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:38:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Protesters shut down I-24 by LP Field. Laying in road saying "I'm Michael Brown". Eighteen wheelers should have made them Michael Brown!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:12:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Protesters shut down I-24 by LP Field. Laying in road saying "I'm Michael Brown". Eighteen wheelers should have made them Michael Brown!
View Quote

That must be why I-40 westbound was backed up to the other side of Carthage.  I eventually got off at the Carthage exit and took 70, then Briley Pkwy around to the west side of Nashville.

Added well over an hour to my drive.  

Nice way to win the 'hearts and minds' of the general public.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top