Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2014 6:08:26 PM EDT
Won an 80% lower (Thanks ARFCOM) and watched some videos about completing them. I see you need a jig and at least a drill press. Anyone successfully done one?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You have a neat paperweight
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I've done a couple using a jig from Modulus Arms.  Uses a drill and router.  You can probably buy a jig, complete your lower, then sell the jig and get most of your money back.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've done a couple using a jig from Modulus Arms.  Uses a drill and router.  You can probably buy a jig, complete your lower, then sell the jig and get most of your money back.
View Quote

I hadn't thought about that. I am really fishing for someone who has the jig and is interested in free beer.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:09:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Group Jig party?  Split cost of jig, build all the lowers!

(Yes, I'm aware each person is responsible for their own lower and not to work on others.)
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#5]
You could rent a jig here.  Would still need a drill press.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You could rent a jig here.  Would still need a drill press.
View Quote

That's interesting. That may be the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd be interested in seeing this done. I don't have a lower to build out, but I can bring some beer and a ''watch this''
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Yes, I'm aware each person is responsible for their own lower and not to work on others.)

I'd be interested in seeing this done. I don't have a lower to build out, but I can bring some beer and a ''watch this''

Unfortunately, I don't have a drill press or router.  Anyone want to volunteer their shop for an AR15.com Super 80% build party?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:19:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok, YOLO.  I just ordered the Modulus jig and drill bit kit.

If anyone wants to "rent" it from me or has access to tools... let me know and we can set something up.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, I don't have a drill press or router.  Anyone want to volunteer their shop for an AR15.com Super 80% build party?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have both a press and a router.  Id like to see the process as well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#12]
This deal may gel up.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Jig arrived today.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to be ordering a bunch from Tactical Machining after Christmas.  Some friends in Savannah and I will be building them out.  I'm excited to try this out.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top