Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2014 1:47:49 AM EDT
As the title states, any of you guys pissed off enough not to vote for him? I'm usually a realist and very practical, but I'm just angry he's going to be our senator again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:08:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I really don't know yet who to vote for. Lamar has lost touch with reality and may be getting senile. I don't know anything about Gordon Ball except he's some old hot shot lawyer. It's like asking "do you wanna get kicked in the balls or punched in the balls?"
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#2]
From the Chattanooga times

NASHVILLE — The National Rifle Association says it’s given Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Gordon Ball an “F” rating on Second Amendment rights, charging Ball has embraced former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s “gun control agenda.”

The NRA says Ball “publicly endorsed Bloomberg’s overreaching and intrusive so-called ‘universal’ background check system that would require federal government approval for transferring firearms between lifelong friends and many family members. Ball also stated he supports more restrictions on magazines and commonly used semi-automatic firearms.”

“To me,” Ball added, “gun rights are important rights, but we can’t lose sight of the fact that expanded background checks may save lives. And if we can save one child from being killed by a firearm — put in the wrong hands — then that’s what we need to do.”

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I always vote and I always vote for the "most" conservative candidate.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#4]
A Dem controlled Senate in this era is more dangerous than having 100 Lamars in there.

- OS
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Points taken. Guess I'll grit my teeth and vote for the lesser of two evils as usual.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I made a pledge to the GOP back during the primary that I wouldn't vote for Alexander were he to win the nomination.  I'm going to keep it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Sadly I will hold my nose and grit my teeth and vote for that POS Lamar.  No other choice really.  I'm not even sure nowadays if I am even voting for the lesser of two evils.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't even want to think about it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:18:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't even want to think about it.
View Quote

Well, just don't vote in that race, or go for one of the independents or other party candidates, just not for Ball. Lamar is of course a much bigger shoo-in than in the primary, but no sense inflating the Dem numbers to give 'em hope for the future. ;)

- OS
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not voting for him.  I'm going with Danny Page, an Independent.  I'm done with these life long politicians.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:31:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Very tempted.  Very very tempted.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm not voting for him.  I'm going with Danny Page, an Independent.  I'm done with these life long politicians.
View Quote

So you're basically throwing your vote away.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he's voting independent.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is that Lamar is projected to win by like 15%.  If enough conservatives vote Independent then there's a possibility that Ball wins.  My point is that there is not a snowball chance in hell that any other person running other than Alexander or Ball will win.  If Ball wins and you vote Independent you can say "I didn't vote for him" but in the grand scheme of things you helped him win.  If Lamar loses the race he still wins as he'll go be a lobbyist and still be running the show.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's the point brought up every election cycle. If we continue with that mentality we will always be stuck with the lesser of two evils.
View Quote

Not always true.  If TN had run offs, I'd put money down that we wouldn't be having this chat right now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not always true.  If TN had run offs, I'd put money down that we wouldn't be having this chat right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's the point brought up every election cycle. If we continue with that mentality we will always be stuck with the lesser of two evils.

But we don't, so until that changes, one has to decide on voting the right way and having maybe a few bad years in order to get better, or continuing the tradition of lesser of two evils until there's no going back.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the exception of a very few,  there is no difference between Ds and Rs.  They are all bought and paid for and only look out for themselves and their benefactors.  
I'm tired of voting for Republicans.  Period.  I have to vote my conscience.  Am I willing to risk Ball getting elected?  Yes.  At least there would be no surprises.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:02:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or if you had to vote your party only. I think Dems in this state vote in the R primary alot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top