User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Put enough money into any politicians "campaign fund" and you can make them be your puppet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just spoke to the lady who answers Rep. McDaniel's phone, asking her to pass along to him that "Gang-bangers, by their nature and being involved in a criminal enterprise, are not likely to be stopped from carrying a gun simply because this bill is not allowed to pass."

Yep, logic always sways a leftie, I'm sure he'll change his position now.

- OS

Put enough money into any politicians "campaign fund" and you can make them be your puppet.

The Tennessee Waltz sting demonstrated that, very well.

Too bad they didn't run that sting until they caught some more.  One reporter (I think it was somebody from WSMV) talked about 'the mood on the hill", after the arrests were made, and said that the other legislators were waiting to see who would be arrested next.  In other words, they knew there were still dirty legislators (ones who accepted bribes to support legislation) that hadn't yet been arrested.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#2]
This bill is about to be heard in the subcommittee. There was also a motion to pull it directly to the floor in the full house today.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
It was a slaughter in subcommittee. 1 aye 10 no. TN DOS commissioner was full of shit of course. There were many LONG delays during the subcommittee meeting so I assume arms were twisted and BS propagated. Conveniently, there was no time to hear park carry.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It was a slaughter in subcommittee. 1 aye 10 no. TN DOS commissioner was full of shit of course. There were many LONG delays during the subcommittee meeting so I assume arms were twisted and BS propagated. Conveniently, there was no time to hear park carry.
View Quote
who were the 10 no's?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
who were the 10 no's?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
who were the 10 no's?

Representative Hawk was the only one voting aye.  You can pretty much figure everyone else
except Rep. Sargent voted no.  There are 12 members on the subcommittee.  Rep. Sargent
was called out of the room before the vote was taken.  Therefore the ten voting NO were:
Alexander,
Armstrong,
Brooks, K,
Camper,
Fitzhugh,
McCormick,
McDaniel,
Odom,
Roach, and
Chairman Harrison.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:35:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Representative Hawk was the only one voting aye.  You can pretty much figure everyone else
except Rep. Sargent voted no.  There are 12 members on the subcommittee.  Rep. Sargent
was called out of the room before the vote was taken.  Therefore the ten voting NO were:
Alexander,
Armstrong,
Brooks, K,
Camper,
Fitzhugh,
McCormick,
McDaniel,
Odom,
Roach, and
Chairman Harrison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
who were the 10 no's?

Alexander,
Armstrong,
Brooks, K,
Camper,
Fitzhugh,
McCormick,
McDaniel,
Odom,
Roach, and
Chairman Harrison.

This is the finance committee, correct?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:58:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
who were the 10 no's?

Alexander,
Armstrong,
Brooks, K,
Camper,
Fitzhugh,
McCormick,
McDaniel,
Odom,
Roach, and
Chairman Harrison.

Finance subcommittee.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:54:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Finance subcommittee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
who were the 10 no's?

Alexander,
Armstrong,
Brooks, K,
Camper,
Fitzhugh,
McCormick,
McDaniel,
Odom,
Roach, and
Chairman Harrison.

Finance subcommittee.

So, as I understand it, it's dead?  And the politicians get to appear that they voted YES on it while actually working to not let it happen?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Stick a fork in it. Park carry got iced too, because it never even came to a vote. I watched the proceeding live and it was pretty disgusting how it went down. There were 2 recesses that were supposed to take 5 and 10 minutes but they took like half an hour. Probably to get Commissioner Gibbons in there and also figuring out how to kill the bill while saving face. In the house it was announced that Van Huss was going to invoke rule 53 and bypass the committee on the next day (today). If it succeeded it would put the bill at the top of the calendar even if it failed in subcommittee. I guess that panicked the gatekeepers. In committee they even adopted an amendment that removed the fiscal note. The Commissioner then whined that the permit wording wouldn't reflect the privileges bestowed. It was so transparent that they would do any mental gymnastics to kill the bill. The committee head even said the amended bill now had no fiscal note and yet they killed it on policy considerations in the finance committee. They must have convinced Van Huss to give up his rule 53 petition during the recess since he said they "beat him fair and square." Personally I think the thought of Memphis and Nashville gangbangers open carrying would scare the soccer moms and cause problems in an election year. Therefore they did some handwaving and "considerations" and almost unanimously killed it in committee to save the full house and governor from making a hard vote.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stick a fork in it. Park carry got iced too, because it never even came to a vote. I watched the proceeding live and it was pretty disgusting how it went down. There were 2 recesses that were supposed to take 5 and 10 minutes but they took like half an hour. Probably to get Commissioner Gibbons in there and also figuring out how to kill the bill while saving face. In the house it was announced that Van Huss was going to invoke rule 53 and bypass the committee on the next day (today). If it succeeded it would put the bill at the top of the calendar even if it failed in subcommittee. I guess that panicked the gatekeepers. In committee they even adopted an amendment that removed the fiscal note. The Commissioner then whined that the permit wording wouldn't reflect the privileges bestowed. It was so transparent that they would do any mental gymnastics to kill the bill. The committee head even said the amended bill now had no fiscal note and yet they killed it on policy considerations in the finance committee. They must have convinced Van Huss to give up his rule 53 petition during the recess since he said they "beat him fair and square." Personally I think the thought of Memphis and Nashville gangbangers open carrying would scare the soccer moms and cause problems in an election year. Therefore they did some handwaving and "considerations" and almost unanimously killed it in committee to save the full house and governor from making a hard vote.
View Quote

That's not republican democracy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Super majority Repubs in TN and they wont even pass two simple gun bills. Rinos everywhere here.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top