Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The deadline is upon us. If you want a shirt, I needed your registration by tomorrow morning. The ball is rolling
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The deadline is upon us. If you want a shirt, I needed your registration by tomorrow morning. The ball is rolling
View Quote

I have a +1 who is bringing cash the day of the shoot.

dont know if you saw that in the other thread
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did and have him down. What shirt size?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

XXL
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Are we having Skee-Ball?

Large shirt.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are we having Skee-Ball?

Large shirt.
View Quote

I am having trouble locating the payload capsules for the chalk. I have been covered up at work lately so things are kinda dragging though. I have a pretty good roster going though so this should be a good time. If anyone has a source for 37mm stuff I'm all ears
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am having trouble locating the payload capsules for the chalk. I have been covered up at work lately so things are kinda dragging though. I have a pretty good roster going though so this should be a good time. If anyone has a source for 37mm stuff I'm all ears
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are we having Skee-Ball?

Large shirt.

Off to hunt for payload capsules. Stand by.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are we having Skee-Ball?

Large shirt.

Will these work??

http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/37mm_Reloading.html
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are we having Skee-Ball?

Large shirt.

Will these work??

The payload cups on there only work with their al hulls. I'd we are using those I'm going to have to raise admission
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The payload cups on there only work with their al hulls. I'd we are using those I'm going to have to raise admission
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are we having Skee-Ball?

Large shirt.

Will these work??

I figured Skee Ball was going to be pay per play either way.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I might have to get a couple cases of Big K cokes to engage.

Also, the color for the "anything goes plates" should be the awesome fire engine red paint Undefined brought last time.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't even know what you guys are talking about anymore.  I'm just pumped to be showing up with a lawn chair and some guns&ammo
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Bump. Awful quiet in here for the event being 12 days away!

Harry, are we gonna get an informational e-mail for briefing times, camping info, etc?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Do any of you happen to have a pound of AA 1680 or Lil Gun you might be willing to part with at the shoot? I'm willing to pay fair market (as in, retarded neckbeard pricing) just to get my hands on some for load development for my new 300 blackout.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bump. Awful quiet in here for the event being 12 days away!

Harry, are we gonna get an informational e-mail for briefing times, camping info, etc?
View Quote

GPS coords or directions for the FNGs too
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I will have an email out to everyone who have me an address tonight. I will also post it here. Just got the food squared away
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Possum Foot and I will be arriving at 7:00 at the house on the 23rd.

If you need help with shit, we'll be there.

--------

Also, is there spare hose?

Have we decided on paint colors for the "destroy me " targets?

Anyone bringing steel? Harry is extra steel needed? I assume a lot of plates are still there i brought last time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#18]
T-minus one week!

Still waiting on all the details, but I'm sure i could arrive early on Saturday morning to help with whatever needs doing. I'm just about 1.5hrs out of Cookeville.  I plan to show up with an extra camp chair and plenty of water on ice, but I don't have a way to make shade.  Saturday's high for Cookeville is a delightful 91

Any chance someone has a laser boresight for 7.62x39?  I have a red dot for my m92 but it doesn't cowitness, so I was SOL trying to get on paper today.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Alright folks.....

we are 5 days away....

But seriously, who's excited? Who's bringing the crab meat? I know Undefined picked up a HO scale train set over the weekend, so we got the trains covered.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok guys sorry about the delay on the details--I was traveling over the weekend and have been trying to iron some issues with the insurance situation. Admittedly, I took it for granted and waited a little long to nail it down but it should be straight this week.

Plans are looking like:
Breakfast at 0700 Saturday morning for those who are into that kind of thing.
Safety briefing will be at 0830. THIS IS MANDATORY
Lines go hot at 0900.

Lunch will be served at 1230.
Lines will go hot again once all face-stuffing has concluded (around 1330)
We will wrap it up around 1700. You guys are usually all BS'd out by then but we will play it by ear.

No one ever said anything about camping so I have not prepped the area. If you are planning to camp, I need to know yesterday.

We will meet at:
4845 Cookeville Boat Dock Rd.
Baxter, TN

This will be the shoot HQ. It is about 6 miles south off exit 286. It is on the right immediately past Roy Luke Rd (really easy to find). From there, we will divide up across the two locations as desired.

Again, I will have targets, hose straps, hardware, and the detructo plates from previous shoots.
Things to remember:
-Sun screen
-Guns
-Ammo
-Hearing protection

Things that you may wish you brought:
-Ground mat or tarp
-EZ Up tent

Let me know if I have forgotten anything.
-Ground mat or tarp
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd pull the address for opsec.

Send an email or IM

Just my .02
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Send an email or IM

Just my .02
View Quote

Who needs an address??

Go to Cookeville. Drive around until you see a ton of BFLs and dozens of rifles. Get out and have a good time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Who needs an address??

Go to Cookeville. Drive around until you see a ton of BFLs and dozens of rifles. Get out and have a good time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Send an email or IM

Just my .02

Who needs an address??

You in the market for an RPK? My guest has one for sale and can bring it
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Send an email or IM

Just my .02

Who needs an address??

I just sold the last of my Russian stuff....

I am not in the market for anything right now. Not if I want to live through the end of the year.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Weeehooooo! (That's me being excited)

I'll be there as early as possible, maybe not at 7.  Google's telling me it's more like 1.75-2hr drive, but then again, predawn traffic on a Saturday should be nonexistent.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Weeehooooo! (That's me being excited)

I'll be there as early as possible, maybe not at 7.  Google's telling me it's more like 1.75-2hr drive, but then again, predawn traffic on a Saturday should be nonexistent.

View Quote

IM one or more of us (Fin or me... or Crazy Harry...) and we'll give you info on the breakfast meetup.

Two words: BACON PANCAKES!
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#27]
I am late to the party and have been reading up. This sounds like fun, I have not been paying attention to this here.

Is it too late to sign up?

About how far is it from Jackson?

What is the max range we will have on the host site(s)?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am late to the party and have been reading up. This sounds like fun, I have not been paying attention to this here.

Is it too late to sign up? IM Crazy_Harry

About how far is it from Jackson? You are looking at 3 - 3.5 hour drive to Jackson

What is the max range we will have on the host site(s)?  1012 yards @ the .50 range, not sure what the max is at the south range, 1200 IIRC (only properly doped rifles at that distance for safety purposes).

Thanks
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Harry - is the "fun" pasture cut? aka shorts friendly?

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I swear, Fin, if you wear flip flops I'm posting pictures of it in GD.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I plan on bringing bugspray in addition to sunscreen.  'Tis the season for chiggers n ticks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Who all is bringing the pop up canopies?

<---- Needs to know who to buddy up with!
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

i was planning on wearing a sombrero.

But seriously, I think I'll get a little red on this outing, might have to wear a sleeveless shirt.

ETA: I'll find name tags too
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

But seriously, I think I'll get a little red on this outing, might have to wear a sleeveless shirt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just planning on wearing nothing but a Speedo. I figure that would ensure that I tan evenly and that you stand far enough away you don't rain steel cases on my head this time around.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#35]
steel rain is best rain.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
steel rain is best rain.
View Quote

Stand to my right when I pull out the blaster. I'm not a rap star - I don't make it rain, I make it fucking hail.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Say fellas,  is this a rifle only event? Is there a place setup to shoot handguns?  Not that I'm requesting it, just considering what to bring.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Say fellas,  is this a rifle only event? Is there a place setup to shoot handguns?  Not that I'm requesting it, just considering what to bring.
View Quote

There is a pistol/carbine pit.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#39]
i will have a popup, I think the max distance at mesa was around 900 yds. looking forward to another great shoot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I leave the pistol(s) in the truck.

two of these and not a shot fired. Now I'll be honest and admit I've spent all my time in the Northern Territories, which I plan on doing yet again.

From where we circled the trucks last time (thru the great creek and up the pasture) gave us open comfortable shooting from 175 - 220 yards. Our line was as wide as we wanted last time. Made for some great laid back steel banging. We can refer to this as "the fun zone".

Then the .50's went off.

We have the ability to drop back to the "twins" IIRC which is 600 yards, and further back to the "Tee Box" which was 1,012 yards.

From the "fun zone" to the twins we can pick any point from 175 - 600 yards. We just need to decide as a group when to move back. For those who are first timers - the road into the Northern Territory is more or less the impact area. DO NOT try to drive down past 09:00, you will be in the impact area.

Hence we all get each other's numbers and call when groups want to come up from Massa.

All of the above applies to the northern area as based on the past shoots. I can't speak to the operations at Massa.

For the Northern Territory - white plates and auto poppers are NOT to be shot at with the following: .50, .22-250, or anything moving fast enough to damage AR500 plates. These are expensive, don't be rude and shoot them with the .50.

With that said, several of us have brought tons of various plates to destroy - Undefined and I will be painting these bright red. If it's red - feel free to obliterate it.

If I'm forgetting anything - please chime in. Everyone was extremely safe and had a great time at all the previous shoots. I don't know if our resident medic will be there - but I'm thinking he will.

One last thing - don't shoot the cows.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I will be bringing lots of 50 cal ammo....

But I have no 50 cal rifle. Yet.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Please zero your rifles before the shoot.

If the 100 yard range is clear, we may be able to send a group there to zero, but please do not plan on shutting down Massa or the 200 - 1000 yard range while tinkering with your optics or irons.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Please zero your rifles before the shoot.

If the 100 yard range is clear, we may be able to send a group there to zero, but please do not plan on shutting down Massa or the 200 - 1000 yard range while tinkering with your optics or irons.
View Quote

+1

this ate up quite a bit of valuable shooting time last time.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Great info guys thanks!
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#45]
will the road behind the backstop be closed off this time??? I know we had a cease fire due to a truck behind the backstop. I bet he changed his drawers when he got home..
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
will the road behind the backstop be closed off this time??? I know we had a cease fire due to a truck behind the backstop. I bet he changed his drawers when he got home..
View Quote

Can someone bring any signage (or warning triangles... or realtor sign we can staple a warning to) that we can put in the road to warn idiots that driving into the path of oncoming gunfire is unwise?

estwing - Are you bringing your 9mm AR? I'd really love to try it out if you wouldn't mind.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#47]
yes i can bring the 9. will we have a carbine area open this time? she dont work real well at 200 yds.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Can someone bring any signage (or warning triangles... or realtor sign we can staple a warning to) that we can put in the road to warn idiots that driving into the path of oncoming gunfire is unwise?

estwing - Are you bringing your 9mm AR? I'd really love to try it out if you wouldn't mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not the same thing I know,  but I'll have a keltec 9mm carbine. Pistol cal carbines are fun :D.

I have a Marlin camp 45 I could bring also.  I may need to find some .45 ammo though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not the same thing I know,  but I'll have a keltec 9mm carbine. Pistol cal carbines are fun :D.

I have a Marlin camp 45 I could bring also.  I may need to find some .45 ammo though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sub 2000?

I've thought about getting a sub 2k as a truck gun.... the damned things are hard to find these days.

Anyone that wants to bring a pistol caliber carbine please do so. I don't have much spare pistol ammo (other than reloads), but I will share some 50 cal ammo

I'm bringing enough APIT to bring happiness and joy to all.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#50]
ok ill bring the 50 again, you talked me into it...
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top