Link Posted: 3/22/2014 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#7]
"Almost at a Thousand...."
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]
definetly in..
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 10:17:04 PM EDT
[#9]
ok.. Trucker John has all my pics emailed to him as of 15 min ago. So ya'll can jump on his tail on when he's gonna upload em.  It was great to see everyone today!
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Almost at a Thousand...."
View Quote

I offered him another go at it....
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#11]
OP updated

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP updated

View Quote

I'll grow out my mustache.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP updated

what you did there, I see it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Someone has to, I certainly can't.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Someone has to, I certainly can't.
View Quote

You would look.... interesting with a mustache.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Grrrrr. Never good dates for me. This past weekend was my sons B-Day, and the new date is my anniversary. Maybe the next one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#17]
your son doesn't like shooting?
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Grrrrr. Never good dates for me. This past weekend was my sons B-Day, and the new date is my anniversary. Maybe the next one.
View Quote

The solution to your problem: Bring your family.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
your son doesn't like shooting?
View Quote

My son does but the party was paid for.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife would just love that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#21]
how did this become the (un)official thread?

Link Posted: 3/24/2014 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I want to attend one of these eventually. Once again, probably not. From the 1st of May to end of June is the busiest time of the year for me. I will put it on my calendar. Hopefully, I can free up the time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I dont know why I dont spend more time here. Totally missed the shoot. Ill have to try and make it to the next one for sure.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Man Song...

Play this for her and maybe she'll let you come to the next one...
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:45:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I want to attend one of these eventually. Once again, probably not. From the 1st of May to end of June is the busiest time of the year for me. I will put it on my calendar. Hopefully, I can free up the time.
View Quote

Ill be going to this one so let me know of you get free.  Maybe we can figure something out.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 2:41:40 AM EDT
[#27]
I want to go... but I wanted to go to the last one too...
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#28]
couple questions for you guys.  i asked these last time but will ask again

for the next shoot
want to pick another location? maybe west side of state?  

if not,
still want to do shirts?
same BBQ or byo lunch?
want to open it up to a larger crowd? or keep it mostly TN HTF people?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

for the next shoot
want to pick another location? maybe west side of state?  - doesn't matter to me, I don't see any other location offering as much variety as the current location does. We had the first shoot here in Franklin, and it blew compared to what we've done the past 2 shoots.

if not,
still want to do shirts? - if it cuts down on price, I'm for getting rid of them
same BBQ or byo lunch? - BBQ is awesome
want to open it up to a larger crowd? or keep it mostly TN HTF people?
View Quote
- if by a larger crowd, you mean all of arfcom then yes!
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

for the next shoot
want to pick another location? maybe west side of state?  No. Not just no, but hell no. We have a great location, let's not mess with perfection. Ranges from <50 yards to > 1000 are few and far between.

if not,
still want to do shirts? Yes. Mrs. Undefined loves her HTF shirts. She did complain that the design hasn't changed since last time.
same BBQ or byo lunch? BBQ is one of the best parts of the shoot. Since we can't drink Tennessee whiskey at lunch, we should at least have BBQ
want to open it up to a larger crowd? or keep it mostly TN HTF people? The more the merrier, so long as they bring guns and ammo. I welcome those from our neighboring states to come and shoot.
View Quote

Answers in red.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#32]
the company who makes our tshirts (customink, great people to deal with) changed their policy since the last shoot.  the minimum order to get that nice tri-blend material is now 48 shirts, but i talked them into letting me reorder 20 if i didn't change the design and they didn't have to change their art from last year.  i barely convinced them to change the date to 2014 haha.   they said they wouldn't let me do it again though, so next time we'd have to switch to a cheaper cotton T like a beefy hanes or something, or order more than 48.  or just drop the shirts altogether.

i don't have another property in mind.  i just didn't want to hog the shoots.  i know a lot of memphis people weren't able to make it.  

by larger crowd i mean non-arfcom people.  (mostly to defray cost of insurance....  personally, i think 20-30 people is a great number as far as lines not being crowded, not difficult to RO, don't have parking issues etc)

well, i'm ordering BBQ for me for sure :)  i was just curious if the rest of you wanted any
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Answers in red.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

for the next shoot
want to pick another location? maybe west side of state?  No. Not just no, but hell no. We have a great location, let's not mess with perfection. Ranges from <50 yards to > 1000 are few and far between.

if not,
still want to do shirts? Yes. Mrs. Undefined loves her HTF shirts. She did complain that the design hasn't changed since last time.
same BBQ or byo lunch? BBQ is one of the best parts of the shoot. Since we can't drink Tennessee whiskey at lunch, we should at least have BBQ
want to open it up to a larger crowd? or keep it mostly TN HTF people? The more the merrier, so long as they bring guns and ammo. I welcome those from our neighboring states to come and shoot.

Answers in red.

What these guys said, for the most part.... Especially the BBQ. The ribs were awesome, as was everything else!

Definitely keep the same range, too. The variety of ranges is what makes your place such a treat. I haven't shot at anything at a thousand yards in almost ten years, and this makes your range special.

T-shirts? I can take it or leave it, since it doesn't fit, anyway.  I doubt your shirt guy wants to make one or two in 'Squatch sizes, so it's a non issue for me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
the company who makes our tshirts (customink, great people to deal with) changed their policy since the last shoot.  the minimum order to get that nice tri-blend material is now 48 shirts, but i talked them into letting me reorder 20 if i didn't change the design and they didn't have to change their art from last year.  i barely convinced them to change the date to 2014 haha.   they said they wouldn't let me do it again though, so next time we'd have to switch to a cheaper cotton T like a beefy hanes or something, or order more than 48.  or just drop the shirts altogether.

i don't have another property in mind.  i just didn't want to hog the shoots.  i know a lot of memphis people weren't able to make it.  

by larger crowd i mean non-arfcom people.  (mostly to defray cost of insurance....  personally, i think 20-30 people is a great number as far as lines not being crowded, not difficult to RO, don't have parking issues etc)

well, i'm ordering BBQ for me for sure :)  i was just curious if the rest of you wanted any
View Quote

As for the shirts - I know I'd be in for 2 at the next shoot if we decouple the shirts from the price of the shoot (or keep one freebie with the shoot and I'll buy a 2nd one). I've never gotten to wear my TN HTF shoot. It was confiscated as payment for watching the toddler solo

With regards to non-arfcom people - we already have non-arfcom folks. You guys have welcomed my Dad at the past two shoots, and he doesn't have an account here (but I post enough for two anyways). We've had kids, spouses, and nephews at the past two shoots. I'd say "If a TN HTF member wants to bring a guest, or invite other Arfcom members, so be it."
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#35]
No changes to format. It seems to really work for everyone. As for the shirts, with or without is fine with me. Opening up to others is fine too, as long as they understand the safety requirements we have. Two hometown shoots with no incidents is a trend I would like to continue. I'm afraid you get too many people around, someone will do something crazy. I know most gun owners are safe, but flagging or not safing and showing clear when people are down range would be a no-go for the rest of the day. Those standards need to be kept IMO.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#36]
as food for thought.

If Taliv's range happened to be located near say Reelfoot lake - I'd still make the drive.

With that said, some happen to be close, some farther away, its well worth the drive as it stands now.

Link Posted: 3/25/2014 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm a little bias toward keeping the location the same

That being said, I have driven to the KY HTF shoot at KCR several times. I will go where my people need me
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#38]
This was my first HTS and it was great just the way it was. Location was awesome. The people there were very safety consious and friendly. Now that i know both of the ranges i know what to expect and were to spend most of my time and ammo. Food was outstanding. looking forward to the skeeball.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Speaking of skee ball anyone have a source for 37mm chalk rounds?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#40]
from what i have been reading you have to make them. I can find smoke,flares, and fireworks but that is all.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Speaking of skee ball anyone have a source for 37mm chalk rounds?
View Quote

estwing is right. I can find the parts to make them yourself, but not the loaded rounds....
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#42]
it is also unclear weather or not the launcher has to be registered as a DD. I have read it does and have read it doesnt. Might be something to get a letter from the ATF saying weather or not chalk rounds are considered anti personel or not.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Last shoot we launched a few rifle grenades off my FAL, but I sold them last year. Will look for a few more at KCR, which is where they usually turn up, but they would be a pain to use playing Skee-Ball. They fly a hell of a lot further than chalk 37mm rounds, too.

Maybe as Jarts...
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 11:58:03 PM EDT
[#44]
You guys come up with the launcher and I'll take care of the ammo for it

As far as DD goes, chalk rounds do not count as anti personnel...

...as long as we aren't chalking personnel...

Link Posted: 3/26/2014 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#45]
not that i plan on mentioning it, but i would love to have a camera on the insurance underwriters while explaining skeeball.   "uhh, what's a 'destructive device'?"  "you're going to do WHAT with it??"
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
not that i plan on mentioning it, but i would love to have a camera on the insurance underwriters while explaining skeeball.   "uhh, what's a 'destructive device'?"  "you're going to do WHAT with it??"
View Quote

If skee ball doesn't pan out, try explaining grenade launcher skeet.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

Probably the same reaction as any sane normal person (besides our wives!) But we're not sane or normal now are we....

Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#48]
got the launcher...And so it begins.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#49]
</a>" />
stumbled on a heck of a deal on tn gun owners site today, couldnt pass it up
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/jopinski/havok.jpg</a>" />

stumbled on a heck of a deal on tn gun owners site today, couldnt pass it up

View Quote
Um I don't know what to say but, it's beautiful...

Crazy Harry, you on the rounds?

My wife just asked me what the heck I was laughing so hard at. I just told her the whole skee-ball story. Now she wants to play too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top