Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2011 4:57:54 PM EDT
Several of us drove up from Nashville to watch the KY Pro-Am 3 Gun match today. We really got there too late to watch any serious shooting, but we met some famous shooters, saw some too cool goodies & still had a good time in general. If this is held next year I believe the crowd will be much, much bigger, IMO. Way cool vendors & goodies & the prize table was simply incrediable, IMO.

Is your grill tactical?  

Tactical Homer Simpson.

Best t-shirt I saw for sale.

Big John discovering what an AR rifle looks like.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
This is just part of the prize table(s)............  

Never seen this before. A bolt release one can operate with their trigger finger.

These look like .50cal muzzle brakes on a .223 AR.

Not sure if this is a desert or a winter style camo?

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]
A pretty cool knife vendor. Cheapest one was something like $200. Quality stuff though.

Believe it or not, these are both Rem 870 shotties. A guy made his own bullpup stocks & is going to sell them.

Big John & the famous Julie Goleb, shooter extraordinaire (Julie, not John.    ).

Me & Jerry Miculek. Needless to say, I didn't challenge him to a shoot-off. Super nice fella!

This thing was too cool! It's a shell carrier, holds 24 12ga rds. Only costs a mere $150!  

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]
These lamps were too cool! I didn't find out what they cost, but *I* want one!!!!!!

Huge sign out front by the entrance. We almost got side-swiped by some jackass from Henry Co. turning in the field to check it out.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you ask him why a shell carrier like that instead of the normal 4 or 6 stack?  Nice pictures though.  I want those lamps!
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

These look like .50cal muzzle brakes on a .223 AR.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z114/bobsgunsUSP/muzzlebrakes.jpg

These were Alexander Arms .50 Beowolf guns.

Link Posted: 8/29/2011 6:45:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did you ask him why a shell carrier like that instead of the normal 4 or 6 stack?  Nice pictures though.  I want those lamps!

Because the two shells are stacked on top of each other, you can grab and insert two at a time into the magazine tube.

Thanks for the pics Bob!

Link Posted: 8/29/2011 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#7]
One of the guys in our squad won the 50 Beowulf in the AM prize drawing.  Not a bad day for a $125 entry fee.  The lamps were given to the first place finishers for both divisions.  The entire weekend was great.  Everyone at Rockcastle really went all out to make the event a success.  Many thanks to Nick Noble and family for hosting the event, as well as to Jeff, the RO's, and all the sponsors.  The stages were loads of fun, especially shooting fromt the inside of the car and the Larue Tactical demo shoot was outstanding, with targets out past 900 meters (and their bbq was't bad either).

Wan't able to make it over to the Cave side-shoot, one of many reasons I'll be back next year .

Mike
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Simple: in a match, capacity IS one's friend.  

These shell holders hold 24rds. That's a bit easier than carrying (as I do) the plastic/polymer 6rd holders that one puts on one's belt. In this case, it would obviously be using 4 of the latter. Given the "dunlap disease" many shooters suffer from, the exterior carrier is the way to go.  

Plus, as shown in a live demo, one can grab them 2-at-a-time & feed them faster than the other style, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

These were Alexander Arms .50 Beowolf guns.

Thanks for the info!

I didn't get their name in the pic & I couldn't remember who they were when I was posting.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This thing was too cool! It's a shell carrier, holds 24 12ga rds. Only costs a mere $150!  

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z114/bobsgunsUSP/shottieshellcarrier2.jpg

Bringing this one back from the dead to ask a question:

Bob, do you remember who made that shell carrier or what it was called?

I would like to try to make something similar out of Kydex.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Herman, we could do that !!!

LB
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:34:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No on either, I'm afraid. I would think there's something out there in the world of google that will link to it, IMO. I also caution about patents before you leap.  

Might be a list of sellers who were there at the match web site?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:43:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No on either, I'm afraid. I would think there's something out there in the world of google that will link to it, IMO. I also caution about patents before you leap.  

Might be a list of sellers who were there at the match web site?

No problem.

I could use a shell carrier like that, and I may try to make something similar.

Either that, or if I ever strike oil in the backyard, I'm gonna buy an X-rail magazine.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Who makes that bullpup stock? I'd like to get one!
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#16]
That shottie bullpup is friggin sweet.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Oleg Volk:
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z114/bobsgunsUSP/bullpup2-1.jpg

Who makes that bullpup stock? I'd like to get one!

Oleg!

You should stop by more, sir!

+1

also, that bullpup does look sweet!  I used to own a Mossberg M500 bullpup 12 ga.

Even though it looked kewl as could be, ergonomically it lacked ALOT.  

No matter how much I loved it, it just didn't cut it as a serious combat shotgun.  But man they look awesome!

My advise would be to test one out thoroughly before you purchase. Especially the ease of reloading and what it takes to break the action
when you want to open the action without pulling the trigger, etc.  For a range toy the M500 was a blast and an attention getter.

on another note, maybe sometime in the future some of us MSSA 3-gunners could make a road trip and go hang out with BobCole.  I bet it would be fun!!

LB
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

maybe sometime in the future some of us MSSA 3-gunners could make a road trip and go hang out with BobCole.  I bet it would be fun!!

Except for Big John aka killthewabbit, the original group that tried hanging with me hasn't been around much in years. Dunno what that implies........  

Of course, that was the group that a member was hitting on the dealer's daughter at the Quantico Arms booth....................    

Based on what I/we say on the trip this year, I'd like to try real hard to make this match next year. See what an old, fat & tired country boy can do with the kids in a match.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top