Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2017 5:04:41 PM EDT
Hey y'all! I'm going to heading to Monument Valley next year so looking for any help I can get. Cool stuff to see and do and what's the best time of the year to visit. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I drove through there a couple of weeks ago en route from Moab, to the Grand Canyon. I had spent a 3 days camping and off roading at Canyonlands National Park. You will get a good view from Rt 163. Forest Gump Point (where he stops running) is somewhere south after Mexican hat around MM13. Lots of Indian souvenir stands along the road. I think to get to see much off of 163, you'll be at the mercy of the Indians. Goulding's Trading post is just before the Az border. It's touristy. If you want to camp and see some amazing views, try Goosenecks State Park near Mexican Hat. I'm in Ohio, so I can't really offer much more advice as I was just passing through on a 2 week road trip.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at geocaching.com. Mainly because. caches are put in interesting places and sometimes have a story about those places.

It is a desolate place. Make sure vehicle is in good shape. Carry a way to charge your phone. Have food, water, and first aid supplies on hand.

There was a terrible tour bus accident down there a few years ago. Lots of people died and they had to wait a long time for rescue.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top