Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2017 1:50:01 PM EDT
Short story is I'm visiting Arizona and Utah in the end of march for a bit. My state has no CCW provisions so I'm looking for a state which gives non-resident permits, that have reciprocity with Utah. I've looked online and have seen that some states have written agreements for reciprocity while some are "verbal". Does this ever create issues?

Can anyone reccomend me a state with Utah reciprocity known for quick turnaround on non-resident permits?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
"In accordance with U.C.A. 76-10-523, Utah will honor a permit to carry a concealed firearm issued by any other state or county."

https://bci.utah.gov/concealed-firearm/reciprocity-with-other-states/

Welcome to the land of the free.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to clarify you don't currently have a ccw and NJ doesn't issue them? I think a few years back Utah implemented a rule that required people to get a permit in their home state before they'd issue a Utah permit. I'm not sure if there's anything regarding states that don't issue permits. I'm pretty sure AZ has non resident permits so maybe that'd be the best route. UT honors all states permits and so does AZ so the AZ permit would have reciprocity in UT.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Or, open carry is legal in Utah and Arizona...... No permit required....
Some restrictions apply.
Just sayin...
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or, open carry is legal in Utah and Arizona...... No permit required....
Some restrictions apply.
Just sayin...
View Quote

This is true as long as you're willing to carry two actions away from firing. If you have a semi auto that just means you can't have one in the chamber. I don't have information on Arizona's rules.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:25:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Many locations in NJ run " Utah & Florida " ccw classes, very easy. You can have your permit before you go to the airport.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I ended up submitting my application to AZ last week. I think the deciding factor was a couple posts I saw saying Arizona had a chance of provinding quick turnaround, as well as there weren't any Utah classes in Jersey that worked with my schedule. Now it's the waiting game. Thanks for the pointers everyone.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top