Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2016 7:34:07 AM EDT
I am looking for the locations in Weber canyon that folks use for informal shooting.  My research tells me that there are at least 2 locations but haven't seen a map or anything that gives a solid geographic reference other than the "train trestle".  Are they still open for use?  Are they on private property?  Thanks in advance for any useful info you might be able to provide!
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#1]
If you got on google maps, its called Devil's gate.  its west of the rest area.  traveling east, take the rest area exit. turn right at bottom of ramp and park at the dam.  walk down the trail under the freeway, down the dirt road to the bend

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/41.1390789,-111.852526/41.1400753,-111.860414/@41.1390842,-111.8545864,880m/am=t/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1

The other one was on the other side of the freeway and it is closed for good, been plowed over, they built something on it, etc.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Or travel a little farther east to Morgan.  Of course go to their website and pay the $15 dollars or whatever.  When you get to Morgan pick up the key to the gun range.  Drive to gun range and the whole thing is yours for however long you paid for.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Mac3 this is EXACTLY what I was looking for!  I had a feeling that the area described was the right area but wanted to make certain before I went.  My motives around this location have more to do with research than actual shooting. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to take a look at this area.  Other than a couple of guys fishing on the Weber close by I was the only one there.  Clearly its still in active use AND a damn mess.  If any one is looking for reloadable low wall 12 ga shotgun hulls you would hit the motherload!  There were hundreds of them on the ground. Sad to see that some folks can't clean up after themselves.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top