Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2016 10:57:11 PM EDT
Hey guys I've got a question.  Been in school for about a year with the GI bill but I'm thinking more and more that my field is something that will be outsourced in the future and I want to get into trades like plumbing/pipe fitting/HVAC.  Haven't decided on which one yet.  

I'm also looking to get out of CA and I would love to be back in Utah.  Does anyone have any insight on the job market for entry level work in any of those trades in the salt lake area?  (Please consider everything from Provo to Ogden)
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:03:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Hey guys I've got a question.  Been in school for about a year with the GI bill but I'm thinking more and more that my field is something that will be outsourced in the future and I want to get into trades like plumbing/pipe fitting/HVAC.  Haven't decided on which one yet.  

I'm also looking to get out of CA and I would love to be back in Utah.  Does anyone have any insight on the job market for entry level work in any of those trades in the salt lake area?  (Please consider everything from Provo to Ogden)
View Quote
HVAC Local 140 advertises constantly on the radio here, especially KBER and ROCK 106.7. I'd Google the 140 and call them up.

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:56:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Will do, thanks!  I actually already am in the application process with UA down here in CA (Local 364) and its actually been way more pleasant and less political than I expected before trying to get hired but Ive read online that every different chapter is different.  Anybody have experience with UA 140?
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Btw I'm not married to unions.  I want to own my own business someday but that's probably A decade or two away.  Right now I just want to get my feet wet
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#4]
When I retired there was a speaker for the union that had a program called Heroes to Hardhats.  Supposed to give veterans preferences in training and job There is a rep somewhere in the SLC area.   Google the program and you will probably find it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Appreciate that.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top