Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2016 7:02:36 PM EDT
I have enough deer jerky in the freezer.
My kids' beanie babies were long ago used as soft targets.
There is no room for cheap Chinese optics on any of my guns.
And I have enough .22 for the Zombie Apocalypse, so I don't need to pay $80 a brick.

Did I miss out on anything at the gun show this weekend?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:39:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I went last fall and skipped this weekend's "gun" show. They're going downhill every time. The beef jerky, dream catcher, home grown honey people are taking over. The best display was the mannequin wearing a hot pink halter top and cheerleader skirt. This was standing up on a table, where they were selling workout clothes. You might as well go and watch an Eric Pridz video.

Last time, there were no deals on 22. I was looking for an aluminum Colt 1911, but the few dealers that had them were over $1000. I ended up buying on online from Buds for $850 including shipping and a $25 transfer fee.

But if you're looking for a table saw blade that's painted with a three wolf montage, I'm sure you'd be in luck.

Instead, I took the Boy Scouts camping down by Gunnison. Then we drove ATVs over the frozen lake and dragged them around on saucer sleds.

In retrospect, it was the right choice.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:40:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Last time I went it was Feb 2013 and it was so horrible and I decided I would never go again. I haven't heard that they have been better since then
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't been since early last year, and this one was pretty bad.  $12 a ticket to walk around and see nothing worth buying.  I only went looking for 54r ammo and maybe some medical stuff, didn't hardly recognize any if the vendors.

The jack a in the giant hat was there, but no deals in sight on anything.  I didn't see that much of the air soft stuff as I'm used to walking past, but 6 or so people selling raw steel plates for armor?  It was a bizarre show.  Not a single person in there looked like they were interested in buying.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]
S&W Sport II's which is with a dust cover and forward assist. They had a drop in rail and magpul rear sight for 599$ DPMS Panthter Oracles with different sight packages for really good deals..
I spent 35$ and 11 was on some of the best Nacho's I have had in a long damn while. It was a decent show.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Literally the worst gun show I've ever been to.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top