Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/25/2015 2:15:50 PM EDT
I work there. And lately the store has been getting bad reviews on Google. I was wondering if anyone here has visited and has had a bad experience.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been in there. I had 0 complaints.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only been to the Ogden one.   Don't have good reviews of that place.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:19:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Mostly just people waiting to be helped. For a period between Black Friday and Christmas, most of the employees were wrapped up doing transfers and so people would be lingering waiting for help but all of us employees were doing non-stop transfers. Each one taking about 15 minutes and needing two people.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been twice and both times i was asked if i needed help as i walked in and atleast 1 more time while walking around.No complaints from me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mostly just people waiting to be helped. For a period between Black Friday and Christmas, most of the employees were wrapped up doing transfers and so people would be lingering waiting for help but all of us employees were doing non-stop transfers. Each one taking about 15 minutes and needing two people.
View Quote

you need some behind the counter help to do transfers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been in a few times and bought a few things.  No complaints.  It'd be cool if you could carry the 10mm Double Tap ammo again like the West Valley store used to a long time ago
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been there a few times and bought some AR parts from your glass case on the wall.  No complaints what so ever.  I guess if I had to really be stringent, I'd say have the guys talk a little more.  Looked at a few 1911's and the new Ruger pistol and the guy was kind of quiet.  Like I said, though, no complaints.  Ill be back through
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Consistly terrible service there and bad attitudes all around from my experience.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Consistly terrible service there and bad attitudes all around from my experience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought a couple small parts from the South Salt Lake store the other day and I have no complaints.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah the Ogden shop was questionable. The guy acted like he was annoyed when I asked to handle a suppressor from the case.

But I've had good experiences in the salt lake shop both before it moved and after. Also if I can offer any feedback it's that I don't buy anything there cause it's so dang pricey. The only time I get something there is if I'm in a bind and it's close by.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Stopped by recently. Shop was fairly busy. Wow, what a selection of black rifles and handguns. Looked around for a while and was asked numerous times if I needed help.

Finally asked Matt to show me a couple guns. Very professional and friendly. Only negative was prices. $40 for a brick of .22 Golden Bullets? Then again, at least you have the ammo and I'd rather buy it from you than some neck bearded hoarder.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:14:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Wrong thread.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Good friend bought a M&P a couple months back. Treated well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm going to give you an honest answer here.

Your staff sucks.

I've been a customer at your Kearns store ever since Impact bought out Dell Schanze (it used to be called Totally Awesome Guns). Before that I'd go to the Ogden store, but very rarely because I lived in SLC. I was in your Kearns store at least twice a week because I did a TON of shooting and I didn't reload, so I always needed ammo or other stuff. Between 2006-2012, I spent $2500-3500 a year in your Kearns store; I know it's not a ton of money, but it's a decent amount. There were other regular customers back in those days too, one was your firearms instructor who worked and shopped there (Ollie?), there was an older guy (Alan?), and a chubby hispanic dude who had tattoos all over his arms. Those guys spent waaaay more money than I did. Do you see any of those guys hanging around anymore? No? Ever wonder why? It's because your staff freaking sucks!

I now work three blocks away from your South Salt Lake store, I live 5 miles away, but I'll go downtown to Galensons, clear in the hell out in BFE to the Gun Vault, The Armory, Scheel's, or even Cabela's whenever I need something because your staff just plain sucks.

The black guy, I don't know his name, but that guy is like the best employee you've got. He's helpful, he's kind, and somewhat enthusiastic about his job. His only drawback is that his firearms knowledge is a bit lacking. Derek is the most knowledgeable guy there, but he's always occupied with his managerial duties, everyone else is useless.

Last year I spent a whopping $40 at your store, this year I got a cheap scope, but only because I didn't have time to go to a real gun store. I don't plan on walking back in there anytime soon. If your staff wasn't full of people who are too preoccupied to answer small questions or took the time of day to acknowledge every customer that walked in the door, maybe you'd have regular customers again.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:34:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:36:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:40:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:41:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I work there. And lately the store has been getting bad reviews on Google. I was wondering if anyone here has visited and has had a bad experience.
View Quote

Does the owner know you are posting on social media and representing the store?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 over priced and full of arrogant pricks for employees.  FTP
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Drop mic ?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Drop mic ?
View Quote

You can't make this shit up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Did I miss it? Are both threads from the same store / company?

ETA: OP is same in both threads. Fail!

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Impact earned the negative reviews. Think what you want about your customers, but what kind of knucklehead posts that chump thread on such a widely viewed forum?

When they switched from Shadow Valley to Impact in that little shop in the industrial park in Ogden they were pretty good. Over the years they have been getting worse. Once in a great while you get decent customer service. The same goes for pricing.

I think Gil? in the Ogden shop is pretty helpful,  but some of those other guys are plain rude. I have two friends that will never shop there again.  I only stop by in the hopes of finding something interesting. Usually I just drive by on my way to another shop.

I was going to post a few impact stories in the "Chump" thread but nah. They took a well deserved beating.

Shame, at least in my circle of shooting buddies they used to be the go to shop. Now they are the don't bother shop.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#27]

That thread is on it's way to achieving epic status...

I give poor service and can't figure out why the store is getting bad reviews...
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Hope OP's boss never see these threads??
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I will say that my last visit to impact guns (Ogden) was positive.

There was a few people that worked there in the past that were total d bags, one I will call Chubby Chuberstine worked the nfa counter, and acted like anyone not LEO was a criminal.
Last I heard he moved back to Idaho...

The other guy was an Old man, always liked to talk about his X wife, and a total D bag, he had my blood pressure up so high a few times looking at 1911's I drove all the way to slc so I could buy a gun from Dave at Dougs
Dave is awesome, and he will put the kids working the counter in their place.
(I watched him chew out one of his employees for acting like a douche to a customer.)

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see termination in his future.

Carnac the Magnificent.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Carnac the Magnificent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carnac the Magnificent.

There was a CO LGS member posting in GD, like this winner.  Another young buck who with his vast firearm knowledge @ 23 yrs of age. Did the same thing, running down a customer who was new to guns, etc.
I sent that one to the stores contact e-mail. To say the owner was less than thrilled .....next day said forum member / lgs employee was looking for work.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
There was a CO LGS member posting in GD, like this winner.  Another young buck who with his vast firearm knowledge @ 23 yrs of age. Did the same thing, running down a customer who was new to guns, etc.

I sent that one to the stores contact e-mail. To say the owner was less than thrilled .....next day said forum member / lgs employee was looking for work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carnac the Magnificent.

Did you just seriously admit to Arocking?  Wow.  That's impressive.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carnac the Magnificent.

So, this is what suicide of a 15-year old account looks like.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carnac the Magnificent.

Permanant solution to a temporary attitude problem
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carnac the Magnificent.

There was no arocking. The owner sent me an e-mail saying said employee would no longer be working there. he was not impressed at all. Now if said owner did or did not dismiss this wonderful person. That was his business.

FWIW: i was not the only one who read that guys post and contacted the owner. However i have no issue stepping up and taking responsibility for what i did. That guy was a complete fuktard. Saying how he would over charge or his overall treatment of customers.
IMO you don't go online especially on a gun forum and berate your clients , Like no one but you is a member of said forum. If that's an issue oh well.

Question for you
. IF this was your business (as people inquired here if the owner was aware)  would you not like to know what is happening, why your business is slow and why people do not come in?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
There was no arocking. The owner sent me an e-mail saying said employee would no longer be working there. he was not impressed at all. Now if said owner did or did not dismiss this wonderful person. That was his business.

FWIW: i was not the only one who read that guys post and contacted the owner. However i have no issue stepping up and taking responsibility for what i did. That guy was a complete fuktard. Saying how he would over charge or his overall treatment of customers.
IMO you don't go online especially on a gun forum and berate your clients , Like no one but you is a member of said forum. If that's an issue oh well.

Question for you
. IF this was your business (as people inquired here if the owner was aware)  would you not like to know what is happening, why your business is slow and why people do not come in?

That's what arocking is. You sent an email to a guys boss to get him fired over something he said online.

The rationalization of the act doesn't change where this forums holds its morality - which is somewhere between cowardly and pathetic.

ETA. But for some reason I remember you posting some members text messages to you on the forum as well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's what arocking is. You sent an email to a guys boss to get him fired over something he said online.

The rationalization of the act doesn't change where this forums holds its morality - which is somewhere between cowardly and pathetic.

How true. let someone else do the dirty work while they hide behind their keyboard.

ETA. But for some reason I remember you posting some member text messages to you on the forum as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Question for you

How true. let someone else do the dirty work while they hide behind their keyboard.

ETA. But for some reason I remember you posting some member text messages to you on the forum as well.

That was ddgm(whatever)  after i called him out on his con / scam artist rip off of other forum members. Those text (to me) were basically threatening to shoot me in the back, piss on brothers grave etc.
The guy is a crook, i as others stand by that statement.

Yet he's still a forum member.  

So i contact a store owner explaining why his business is suffering / slower than normal It's OFF WITH HIS HEAD

What ever. .

Regarding this other outrage.

There's how many threads in GD (and elsewhere) on a quarterly basis asking members to give their horror / shitty service stories in gun stores.

With that said it's ok to bitch about their shitty experience. BUT............................ say nothing to the owners of said store. Explaining why they will no longer do business with them?/ Kind of useless, hiding behind a keyboard and not step up to the plate.

If i'm gone, it was a nice run...........
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Ban this asshole
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#40]
If the guy was as bad as it sounds, owner should have been able to see it on his own.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ban this asshole
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#42]
In to read later.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#43]
IN!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ban this asshole
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Hopefully a righteous banhammer is cocking for the swing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Jim Jim Jim.......
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ban this asshole
View Quote

I'm in this camp.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm in this camp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ban this asshole

I'm in this camp.

This.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#49]
oh shit!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#50]
 From the sound of it this stores customer service issues ran deeper than just ottesen07

arocking was a dick move.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top