Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 12/7/2015 2:10:17 PM EDT
I'm a retired USAF Security Forces member with my retired DOD Qualified Law Enforcement Officer credential.  The main requirement for legal use of the credential is an annual proof of weapons qualification.  After much calling and emailiing I have the POC for Utah Department of Public Safety regarding LEOSA quals.  She stated that they do them in the spring.  She asked for proof of my good standing and a picture.  I will be contacted with details in the spring.  

POC is:

Debbie Howell
801-284-5500
[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 2:29:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I just call the local Sheriff's Office and talk with the Rangemaster.  I do the qual and he gives me the LEOSA card.

ETA:  What is "POC"?

Link Posted: 12/25/2015 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#2]
POC = Point Of Contact

What County is this?
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

POC = Point Of Contact

What County is this?
View Quote

Washington, but any County Sheriff can do it for you.

ETA:  Just show up with your retired ID card, and your DoD paperwork.  I had to provide color copies of my ID card and Drivers' License.

Call the SO and ask for the rangemaster.  Ask when they have the retiree quals.  

Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top