Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2015 12:53:46 AM EDT
It appears that some legislation have been passed that allows Nevada to recognize concealed carry permits from more states. No idea if Utah will be on that list, but we can hope.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 1:36:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The bill directs the appropriate NV agency to review the CCW permit process from other states and approve those with requirements that are substantially similar to or more stringent than Nevada's permit. Does NV still require range time? If so, I wouldn't hold your breath on reciprocity with UT.

Of course, when I got my UT permit in the fall of 1994, range time was required, with both a revolver and a semi-auto.

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:47:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't hold my breath either, but if AZ comes back, then we might have a leg to stand on.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Utah didn't make the list.

But AZ did so maybe it will be worth getting my AZ  permit.
View Quote
Yep, AZ's back so my AZ permit is valid again.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Requested an application packet this morning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As did I.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

As did I.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As did I.  
Find your DWR Hunter Safety Blue Card and use that as proof of firearm safety class completed.

I sent them my UT BCI Instructors Creds and my Blue Card a few years back but it looks like one will do.

NV is so stupid.  They still aren't getting my money to CCW in their state, i'll send it somewhere else.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:07:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Find your DWR Hunter Safety Blue Card and use that as proof of firearm safety class completed.

I sent them my UT BCI Instructors Creds and my Blue Card a few years back but it looks like one will do.

NV is so stupid.  They still aren't getting my money to CCW in their state, i'll send it somewhere else.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As did I.  

This was exactly my thought. I have my old Hunter's Safety card and my current CCW. I'll gladly send money to AZ over NV.

What's more amusing is this: When Utah first passed the CCW law in 1994, they did have a shooting qualification section. You have to indicate if you were going to carry a revolver or semiauto or both. And you had to bring one of each type of gun and demonstrate that you could shoot it safely at the range. I brought a Smith 38 Spl and my Beretta 92FS. I forget when they removed that section of the law. But I've actually met the spirit of the law for Nevada as well. So piss on them.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's ridiculous that we can still not meet their requirement, get the AZ permit and carry there anyway.  
View Quote

Same issue here.  I haven't lived in UT permanently for 15 years (although I still "reside" there part time), I still keep my UT CFP current.  When NV stopped honoring UT's permit, I was still covered with my permit from MI.  But they recently dropped MI as well.  Something about MI not giving other states access to their records database, apparently.  

So I'm doing the AZ thing as well.  I've got a few things I can use for proof of training.  But I thought it was kind of neat, I was still able to find my UT Hunter's Safety certificate from 1986.  So I sent a copy of that.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I called AZ and they said they have nothing official from NV yet on this issue.  Has anyone talked directly to NV to verify they will now honor AZ permits, and are there any stipulations, like you have to be a AZ resident?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#17]
http://gsd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsdnvgov/content/Resources/2015%20Revised%20Recognition%20list_20130623%2029%20june%2015.pdf
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

http://gsd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsdnvgov/content/Resources/2015%20Revised%20Recognition%20list_20130623%2029%20june%2015.pdf

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't get it. I got my AZ permit early '13. It was easy to get. All I did was send in their packet after I took my Utah class. Then NV stopped honoring AZ but now they accept it again. To me getting a AZ was just as easy as getting UT. Why does NV accept AZ but not UT?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't get it. I got my AZ permit early '13. It was easy to get. All I did was send in their packet after I took my Utah class. Then NV stopped honoring AZ but now they accept it again. To me getting a AZ was just as easy as getting UT. Why does NV accept AZ but not UT?
View Quote

I heard a rumor that there was a dispute between a few members of the Concealed Board in Nevada with a member on the board here in Utah.   No way to confirm, but that would make sense, because all AZ wants for firearm safety is a copy of our Utah permit (confirmed that Thursday), so no real hands live fire training like NV says they require (or Utah lacks)

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#21]
So I just read the list again after posting my last post... Idaho is on the list approved by NV.   Why are we not going that route?  Its $20 for a permit there, and you can even use a hunters ed, NRA course, or even show proof of handgun safety by participating in competitions like USPSA or IDPA...  Damn.  I might be saving forty bucks this week :)
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:35:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So I just read the list again after posting my last post... Idaho is on the list approved by NV.   Why are we not going that route?)
View Quote

You mean other than not all counties will issue to non-residents, you have to schedule an appointment to have your prints taken person in Idaho at one of the two counties that say they will issue to non-residents (both of which are 5 hour drives from the SLC area), and that although the statutory amount is $20 the Sheriff's Office can charge additional processing and material fees bringing it up to $60+ in most counties?

No reason.

Idaho seems only slightly less annoying than Nevada for non-residents.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You mean other than not all counties will issue to non-residents, you have to schedule an appointment to have your prints taken person in Idaho at one of the two counties that say they will issue to non-residents (both of which are 5 hour drives from the SLC area), and that although the statutory amount is $20 the Sheriff's Office can charge additional processing and material fees bringing it up to $60+ in most counties?

No reason.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I just read the list again after posting my last post... Idaho is on the list approved by NV.   Why are we not going that route?)

No reason.

AZ it is then!  :)
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Sent off my packet and money order exactly 2 weeks ago.   Just got my AZ permit in the mail yesterday.  And NV has officially listed AZ as reciprocity
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've got mine all filled out, just need to get fingerprints.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sent off my packet and money order exactly 2 weeks ago.   Just got my AZ permit in the mail yesterday.  And NV has officially listed AZ as reciprocity

I've got mine all filled out, just need to get fingerprints.

Are you in SLC?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#28]
I am in Sandy  Let me check if my ink is still good and I can do them for you.  Only issues is I am headed to Cali this weekend, so most likely couldn't do it till I get back.  If your in a rush, any local PD will do them for $11 bucks (at least Sandy is  $11), but I'll just do them for you if you can wait (and I have ink- been a while since I printed )
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#29]
so i just got my packet what do i need to do for the safety training ? provide a dd214 copy or my blue card ? looks like that should safice according to the revised statute
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#30]
You probably don't have to sacrifice anything. Arizona may be full of heathens, but they probably don't require blood. Probably.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 2:25:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

so i just got my packet what do i need to do for the safety training ? provide a dd214 copy or my blue card ? looks like that should sacrifice according to the revised statute
View Quote

Either is accepted.

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 6:50:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You probably don't have to sacrifice anything. Arizona may be full of heathens, but they probably don't require blood. Probably.
View Quote

well that good but i do have some old hiking boots i can throw in the mix

Link Posted: 10/22/2015 12:58:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
so i just got my packet what do i need to do for the safety training ? provide a dd214 copy or my blue card ? looks like that should safice according to the revised statute
View Quote

If you have a valid UT Concealed permit, that is satisfactory for AZ training.  Just need to make a copy of it and send it in with application
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Is Las Vegas G2G?
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Is Las Vegas G2G?
View Quote
With a non-resident Arizona CFP.

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 1:18:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is Las Vegas G2G?

Excellent. [Mr. Burns Voice]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#37]
got mine back I am now GTG for nevada Yeah
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top