Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2016 8:02:09 PM EDT
http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=41b11f32beefba0380ee8ecb5&id=94440de068&e=86c4e1ad72

Not hot linking.

Another fight is coming.

She outlined the following items.

http://www.ktvz.com/news/Gov-Brown-announces-effort-to-address-gun-violence/40729342

1. Close the “Charleston Loophole.” In Oregon, if the state police are unable to determine a person’s eligibility to purchase a firearm within three days, current law requires approval of the sale of the firearm. Governor Brown will prepare legislation that will make sure individuals who should not own a gun are not able to obtain one simply because authorities were unable to complete the background check within the current timelines.

2. Close the “Boyfriend Loophole.” By expanding the types of relationships that qualify under “domestic violence” charges, those convicted of certain crimes of domestic violence and stalking will no longer have access to firearms.

3. Ban extended-capacity magazines. Outlaw the future purchases of extended-capacity magazines in Oregon. This type of ammunition enables individuals to fire repeatedly without the need to reload and significantly increases a shooter’s ability to injure and kill large numbers of people.

We all know how that last one turned out for California....
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The enemies of freedom never quit. Join OFF/NRA today if you aren't already a member.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The enemies of freedom never quit. Join OFF/NRA today if you aren't already a member.
View Quote

NRA won't do squat in Oregon. Give the money to OFF instead.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]

They will never stop pushing.

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They will never stop pushing.

View Quote

Nope. And we are in a bad way with Portland running the state.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#5]
They have reached a level of stupidity I never thought possible.  Total and complete morons.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#6]

WTF

This is not looking good.

Reach out to your congress men/women let them know that this is not okay!! Like JE3146 said, donate to OFF.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

WTF

This is not looking good.

Reach out to your congress men/women let them know that this is not okay!! Like JE3146 said, donate to OFF.

View Quote

Extended capacity?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=41b11f32beefba0380ee8ecb5&id=94440de068&e=86c4e1ad72

Not hot linking.

Another fight is coming.

http://www.ktvz.com/news/Gov-Brown-announces-effort-to-address-gun-violence/40729342

1. Close the “Charleston Loophole.” In Oregon, if the state police are unable to determine a person’s eligibility to purchase a firearm within three days, current law requires approval of the sale of the firearm. Governor Brown will prepare legislation that will make sure individuals who should not own a gun are not able to obtain one simply because authorities were unable to complete the background check within the current timelines.

2. Close the “Boyfriend Loophole.” By expanding the types of relationships that qualify under “domestic violence” charges, those convicted of certain crimes of domestic violence and stalking will no longer have access to firearms.

3. Ban extended-capacity magazines. Outlaw the future purchases of extended-capacity magazines in Oregon. This type of ammunition enables individuals to fire repeatedly without the need to reload and significantly increases a shooter’s ability to injure and kill large numbers of people.

View Quote

I love it when I learn something new!  I had no idea that magazines were ammunition.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I love it when I learn something new!  I had no idea that magazines were ammunition.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not hot linking.

Another fight is coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0

You wouldn't believe how much about guns you can learn from a politician! Not just nomenclature but rate of fire and bullet size as well!
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't normally use this type of language on here but, that stupid fucking bitch should do everyone a favor and jump off a tall bridge. She's following her mentor jerry brown it appears.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And OFF shoots off at the mouth and posts stupid shit on Facebook that makes us all look bad
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And OFF shoots off at the mouth and posts stupid shit on Facebook that makes us all look bad
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I must have missed that, what did OFF say this time? While I appreciate their advocacy, the manner in which they frame certain issues can leave a lot to be desired at times.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Typical Oregonians facing the loss of gun rights. They fight over who they should support and get moron level pedantic about "extended"

Who cares if nra or off is better just support them. PERIOD

Extended magazine. You know what she means. And it is bad.

Call your elected officials. Get involved.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've given money to OFF while I was still in Oregon because Kevin is the dude that actually shows up to fight Oregon legal battles.  

But I agree,  Kevin posts way too many stupid things on facebook.  The number of times he has posted anti-gay rhetoric is getting stupidly annoying.  He should save that for his own profile and keep OFF on topic for gun rights.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Mainstream media is a major problem with how they are reporting this issue, watched on Portland tv last night, very sad day for the 2nd amendment. Beware of the tide of public opinion as promulgated by biased media reporting, they have the power to present  it in a way that makes it seem like a good thing to take away constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Typical Oregonians facing the loss of gun rights. They fight over who they should support and get moron level pedantic about "extended"

Who cares if nra or off is better just support them. PERIOD

Extended magazine. You know what she means. And it is bad.

Call your elected officials. Get involved.
View Quote

And name calling is better.  Thanks for the primer.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Typical political twat that makes herself look dumb to people in the know.   Unfortunately, her audience is just as lacking and they use that to their advantage to get people to vote on feels.
She should stick to commenting on things she knows, like carpet munching for example.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#19]
If a 30 round mag vs. a 10 round mag could save just one life, it's a worthy endeavor
Then....then then.......
Who needs 10 rounds, 5 should be sufficient to hunt or for self defence right? I mean how many shots do you need to get your deer or how many bad guys do you really think will come after you anyways?
5's still a lot.......this issue should be revisited soon, perhaps under an emergency clause. ..
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#20]
if they are going shove a unjust law such as mag ban down law biding peoples throats, then I expect Law enforcement to be subject to the same restrictions. Cops do not have more of a right to defend themselves then an average citizen. Especially those law enforcement that provides security for the non-elect  governor. You cannot legislate for crazy, these laws are oppressing the free. This mag ban makes less sense then restricting large trucks; considering the truck attack in Niece, France killed far more then the Florida gunman could with multiple weapons. Lets ban large truck rental, background checks required for purchase and outlaw the sharing of trucks and list the drivers in data base so we track who has what truck and require closing the large truck loop hole that u haul other moving services provide ect. It just does not make sense when you put to something other than firearms. I am sick of this back wards thinking.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Is this proposal gaining any traction?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

if they are going shove a unjust law such as mag ban down law biding peoples throats, then I expect Law enforcement to be subject to the same restrictions. Cops do not have more of a right to defend themselves then an average citizen. Especially those law enforcement that provides security for the non-elect  governor. You cannot legislate for crazy, these laws are oppressing the free. This mag ban makes less sense then restricting large trucks; considering the truck attack in Niece, France killed far more then the Florida gunman could with multiple weapons. Lets ban large truck rental, background checks required for purchase and outlaw the sharing of trucks and list the drivers in data base so we track who has what truck and require closing the large truck loop hole that u haul other moving services provide ect. It just does not make sense when you put to something other than firearms. I am sick of this back wards thinking.
View Quote

You must think you're not "little people".  

Fall in line comrade.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:10:52 AM EDT
[#23]
In completely unrelated news, if this law passes I will be opening an magazine store in Vancouver, Washington. This is completely unrelated and free markets don't exist.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In completely unrelated news, if this law passes I will be opening an magazine store in Vancouver, Washington. This is completely unrelated and free markets don't exist.
View Quote

Lets hope no legislative passes through. Meanwhile in Washington State a proposed "Assault Weapons Ban" may hit the ballot soon as an initiative. I'll embed the WA HTF link later. It's time to band together and go on the offensive.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, whether she likes it or not, I will have two AR's with me and 25 30 round magazines, and another 1000 rounds of ammo when I visit Portland, Vancouver next week to inter my parents and sister, so fuck em if they can't take a joke!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top