Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2016 10:56:54 PM EDT
Now that we are stuck with useless 941 I have a few questions.
How long can a friend borrow a rifle for hunting and load development?  (I know that is allowed but don't know how long)
Example, my friend lives in Eastern Oregon, I live in the valley.  He has much better access to shooting range and reloading equipment.
Can I lend him my bolt action rifle to work up a load for me and he also use it for varmint hunting which might be months at his place?
 He obviously would not be in the process of using for hunting "all" the time as it would be stored in his vault other times until such time as I can pick it back up.

Can I do this or must it be transfered to him then transfered back each time?

Similarly if me and a friend want to buy a varmint rifle together (expensive bolt action set up with high end scope), can we both go to the dealer and both get back ground checks done so we "co-own" it?

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Who's gonna know?
Maybe every day he has it is the first day he's had it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Example, my friend lives in Eastern Oregon,
View Quote

I didn't know there were any gun laws out there
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who's gonna know?
Maybe every day he has it is the first day he's had it.
View Quote

This.  The whole law is a fucking joke right now.  Later, when we realize that it was just the first step to a full on registry in Oregon, well, then it won't be so much of a joke.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How long can a friend borrow a rifle for hunting and load development?  (I know that is allowed but don't know how long)
View Quote

According to SB941, unless your friend owns a business that develops custom loads, it isn't allowed at all. Why are you under the impression it is?

"Can I lend him my bolt action rifle to work up a load for me and he also use it for varmint hunting which might be months at his place?"

No, you can not.

"Can I do this or must it be transfered to him then transfered back each time?"

Has to be transferred each time.

"Similarly if me and a friend want to buy a varmint rifle together (expensive bolt action set up with high end scope), can we both go to the dealer and both get back ground checks done so we "co-own" it? "

Nope.

All this of course assumes you care about and intend to follow this illegal law in the first place...
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Reminds me of what a leftist liberal at work said when I told her only responsible gun owners follow the law -- "Well, at least someone is following the law..."
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:09:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reminds me of what a leftist liberal at work said when I told her only responsible gun owners follow the law -- "Well, at least someone is following the law..."
View Quote

Looks like we both have a few idiots at work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top