Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2016 8:23:43 PM EDT
Just moved to Grants Pass from Roseburg and I am curious if there are any good spots to shoot distance (500y/m+) on public land out in the woods.  I had several good spots in Douglas County, but am not familiar with the area outside the city.  Obviously a few good shops to go try to bum around, the JCSA range seems to look like it may be a good option if they allow you to come and go as you please to the rifle range.  

Would be nice to find a few like minded individuals to go plinking with.  Promise I am not crazy
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to grants pass (purgatory)
The JCSA has 200-300 target stands and steel plates out  400-500+ yards during the wet months, they are removed during fire season. there is was talk of them not going back this year?
the public range is very good build out and friendly, but at the end of the day its still a controlled Environment.  
I haven't found any place on public lands i deemed safe and desirable to shoot  with those yardages in mind , talking to other off road people there supposed to be good areas 7-10 miles further out of town?

I am game for a plinking trip, if you lean about some areas, lets go check'em out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:08:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Onion Mt, 15 miles west of Grants Pass has few spot go up to 1K yard. 4 wheels drive required. Now is not good season to be up there due to all the fogs. Cant see anything over 100 yards.

Welcome to GP. I do have a group of shooting buddies here In GP that hangout on Sunday shooting. Shoot me a pm with your number I will contact you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#4]
My buddy took me to this hillside people shoot at south of town towards the applegate but I don't really remember how to get there. I live in White City, I have a lifetime pass for the Jackson County sports park range and it's down the street so I just shoot there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 3:04:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Side of the hillls.... Lots of hills here :-)
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Went out Granite Hill Rd. with my sisters boyfriend just to pop off a few rounds.  Good god that place is trashed lol, makes the worst spot in Douglas County look like a wildlife refuge.

I sent you a PM with my number, feel free to get in contact whenever.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#7]
South of Grants Pass in the Illinois Valley there are some canyons to shoot across that are good long distances. Grayback and Kirby peak area. Access is by logging roads so a 4 wheeler is needed to set targets.
This thread is old but I just read it.
Welcome OP. I work in GP and live in Selma.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:51:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Well let me know if you would like another shooter at your next outing.  I have several nice toys, and lots of ammo that has been sitting in the safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top