Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2015 10:29:00 AM EDT
I just got the notice that I need to renew mine, it expires next month..... go to make appointment online with Douglas county sheriff..... next available appointment........ end of febuary! That's 3 months!
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:47:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just got the notice that I need to renew mine, it expires next month..... go to make appointment online with Douglas county sheriff..... next available appointment........ end of febuary! That's 3 months!
View Quote

She makes very few appointments. Mine took at least a month and that was years ago.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#2]
They only do appointments down here as well.  I like the no lines but didn't know the appointment dates are that far off.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Last time I renewed, I let it go too long close to expiring. I called during lunch one day and asked about an appointment time. I was told if to come on down and be there in 45 minutes. I was an hour away. They had to wait for me!

Washington Co.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:24:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They only do appointments down here as well.  I like the no lines but didn't know the appointment dates are that far off.
View Quote

I got mine in Douglas county first. That was my response.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:25:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Last time I renewed, I let it go too long close to expiring. I called during lunch one day and asked about an appointment time. I was told if to come on down and be there in 45 minutes. I was an hour away. They had to wait for me!

Washington Co.
View Quote

My appointment in WaCo took 10 mins and I had my new license in 4 days.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#6]
So I made my appointment 1 month from my expiration date, I think that is a prudent and reasonable ammount of time to think ahead to renew, but the way they are back logged I'll be expired 2 months before my appointment. I guess they are trying to get people to open carry or something.

Things like this bother me because it just shows how easy it is to "lose" your rights even without a law being passed. For example in Hawaii they have a law that allows CCW with a license, but Hawaii PD simply don't have anybody staffing the CHL office. If DCSO decides to cut the job for the CHL clerk, we'd simply not be able to get a CHL at all. It's the same reason I don't like mandatory background checks, I foresee a day when they'll have budget cuts and quit staffing the office that does backgrounds and bada bing, we can't (legally) buy a gun at all any more.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:13:06 AM EDT
[#7]
My dad is finally getting his CHL in Lane County.  The next available appointment wasn't until mid-March
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:20:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Mid March. that's insane.  You guys need to get out and get certified. Damn.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#9]
You just walk into the sheriff's office in wasco county and the nice lady behind the counter takes care of it right then. No appointments, no waiting. Your new license will come in the mail that week.

Utah is the best though, go online and just submit your info.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You just walk into the sheriff's office in wasco county and the nice lady behind the counter takes care of it right then. No appointments, no waiting. Your new license will come in the mail that week.

View Quote

Does Oregon resiprocate with utah, or any other state?
Just googled it and no. Dang our state is left / liberal. The same way our state wants to do it's own background checks, even though the FBI will do them for free. Just a way of being controling, I guess.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just googled it and no. Dang our state is left / liberal. The same way our state wants to do it's own background checks, even though the FBI will do them for free. Just a way of being controling, I guess.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah Oregon sucks.  Utah is nice because you get Washington and idaho, the only two states that border ours I want to go to. I was able to drive to Texas and carry in every state along the way a few years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top