Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2015 1:53:48 PM EDT
All - What can you tell me about the local environs, shooting clubs, housing etc? All comments appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Tigard has hwy 99 running through the middle of it.  Lots of traffic.  Also has hwy 217 running off to the side of it, also lots of traffic.  

There are some nice areas - Bull Mountain (NW part of town) - as well as along the river (Tualatin R) to the south.  Further west turns into farmland / rural / small towns until you hit the coastal mountains.  King City is outskirts of west Tigard and is a retirement town with a few mobil home parks - not trailer trash but nice fixed income retired folks.  It also has a small golf course, 9 holes I think.

It has a good gun shop, NW Armory.

Costco is in town.

A large mall (Washington Square) is close by.    

Not far away is one of the better gun clubs, TriCountyGunClub (TCGC) but membership is on a wait list.  

School district is ok.  

Housing is probably a lot more expensive than you're used to in FL, prices starting at around $125 a sq/ft. and going up.  You can check Trulia.com for specifics on that.

Why Tigard?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
HWY 217 sucks. Staying close to HWY 26 you have mountains and beach about 1.25 to 1.5hrs from you in either direction. Tigard is a bit cheaper than NW Portland, Beaverton but it depends where you want to live and your budget.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:37:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I live here and like it. I commute downtown which is s drag but can be timed correctly. Bull Mt is great. It's quiet and has some of the best schools (no kids so that's just for resale). Nice walking trails and anything shopping or food wise is close. Any other specifics? Munk and the others have it pretty well covered.

ETA. Tri County GC is great. The wait list is worth it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Job prospect. I shoot IDPA & ICORE, but focus on 3 gun.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Job prospect. I shoot IDPA & ICORE, but focus on 3 gun.
View Quote

Tricounty gun club is your best choice for this. Douglas is better for long range rifle shooters.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Cops in Tigard were total dicks to me when my truck was stolen in Hillsboro and then recovered in their jurisdiction.  I don't have a lot of love for them.  Cop was a douche and it ended up costing me $300 for them impounding it when I could have come and gotten it (and had every right to do so).  Aside from that, its a pretty busy place.  Lots going on, lots to do.  Not sure I would want to live there.  I prefer quiet and not too busy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top