Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2015 5:00:26 PM EDT
http://www.kezi.com/news/Cottage_Grove_Shooting_Suspect_Arrested_.html

Comments and Google search show him being the owner of the shop.   Seems to have had some legal troubles that lead to the shop closing.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If he was in possession of any transferables,  I'm sure that we can assume those are going goodbye.  Perhaps if everybody is lucky,  he can fire sale those for attorney fees.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure he has been out of business for awhile.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 1:52:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I listened to all that on the scanner last night.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
It was a cluster fuck.  Probably 60 leo.  Armored vehicles,dogs, swat.  
Curious if he was using class 3 or not.  LCSO has not said
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Two simple truths:  History is written by the victors and media gets it's information from the cops.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Ah yes.

Carlos.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Somewhere there's a video of him dumping a krink in a mudpuddle then kicking it open when it got stuck.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anybody know anything more? All I heard was cops "responded to a call of shots fired". Was it like a neighbour complaining about noise from target shooting, or...? They've been VERY VAGUE
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Somewhere there's a video of him dumping a krink in a mudpuddle then kicking it open when it got stuck.
View Quote

You mean this one?

-Thirtycal
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep that's the one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#11]
YOLO!
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:28:34 AM EDT
[#12]
OMG...  for the LOLs  I had no idea that was who they were ranting about on the radio.  

Carlos was a freaking nutter, and a crook.  He was shooting at something, never heard what the call was.  HE stole and broke as many firearms as he sold.  The guy sold me my first can & forgot to tell me the paperwork arrived... for a couple weeks...  

How he dodged ATF & got away with what he did for so many years was a mystery.  Especially when he was caught trying to sell suppressors he was making out of his garage to the police.  He even demo'd the "untracable can" by shooting out a street light.

WOW... lols

ETA

It gets better; just got the run down on what happened to him...  LOL
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OMG...  for the LOLs  I had no idea that was who they were ranting about on the radio.  

Carlos was a freaking nutter, and a crook.  He was shooting at something, never heard what the call was.  HE stole and broke as many firearms as he sold.  The guy sold me my first can & forgot to tell me the paperwork arrived... for a couple weeks...  

How he dodged ATF & got away with what he did for so many years was a mystery.  Especially when he was caught trying to sell suppressors he was making out of his garage to the police.  He even demo'd the "untracable can" by shooting out a street light.
WOW... lols

ETA

It gets better; just got the run down on what happened to him...  LOL
View Quote

Do you have a link to that story?
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#14]
He also was partly responsible for the closing of Valiant Firearms owned by Louis Caruso.

100 percent of all of his NFA stuff was from Louis Caruso, he was supposed to be a caretaker for it until they are all sold, instead he just said FUCK YOU..and took the guns...

ATF said it is not a criminal matter and only a civil matter.

Louis Caruso won in court and there is a lien of over 750k USD against Carlos Roa. That's with interest and it is growing.

http://projects.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/news/cityregion/24471147-46/story.csp
Louis Caruso vs. Carlos Roa Jr.: Plaintiff alleges conversion. Suit seeks $514,675.
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/33558605-75/carlos-roa-charged-with-attempted-murder-in-shootout-with-deputies-near-cottage-grove.html.csp

End of day.....

ATF only cares about it when it goes up the ladder and somebody gets hurt.

Also for shits and giggles, ATF and FBI has stated to Louis Caruso and others that Carlos had guns that somehow ended up in Mexico and was used in several shootouts. Guns were semi auto Romanian AK's on NoDak receivers traced back to his FFL but he has no trace what happened to them afterwards.

Guy is a crook pure and simple and it was only a matter of time.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/33581140-75/lane-co.-da-says-use-of-deadly-force-was-justified-in-cottage-grove-shooting.csp

End of day.....Don't steal....don't be a thief....be honest in your dealings with people.....

because sooner or later..it will catch up.

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Louie Caruso! I haven't heard that name in years. He ever get his FFL back? My father in law did lots of business with him back in the 90's. He's a real funny guy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 1:37:03 AM EDT
[#16]
No, sadly no, because of Carlos Roa and Louis's ex-wife, Louis was convicted of paperwork violations.

Basically, ex-wifes brother was found with a suppressor not registered to him in a Las Vegas meth house during an arrest.

Because of the conviction, he lost his FFL SOT.

Louis still does the gun shows but mostly firearm accessories and parts.

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey AASG,

Sadly I don't know if it was ever published, or if anything ever came of it.  Carlos himself joked with me about it.  I thought it was just a nutty story until a buddy confirmed it.  He made quips about getting caught shooting out lights, and joked how he could make a can so quiet that it could shoot a light out in front of the cops.  None of the jokes or quips made any sense to me, and I thought that the guys was off.  Then my buddy told me the story, I went slack jawed.  I couldn't wait to be done with business with the guy.

FA
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 3:57:10 AM EDT
[#18]
He bragged to me one time that the gun business and shop is just something to keep him busy. He lives off a trust fund from his parents which is oil money from venuzuela.

He grew up in Florida.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top