Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2015 12:01:03 PM EDT
The family and I might be headed up that way this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The Rogue River Gorge?  The easiest way is the pay for the Jet-boat tour from downtown Grants Pass. If you want something more strenuous/adventurous then hike the Rainie Falls Trail:

Directions to Trailhead
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

If you want to be with every other Portlander, that's a great option

If it were me, I'd head up to the Rowena Loops and if the family is up for the heat maybe walk the Rowena Crest Trail(all of 2 miles if you do the entire loop). Gorgeous views.

Driving up the Klickitat out of Lyle is awesome too. The drive up Dalles Mountain to Centerville Highway out of the Columbia Hills State Park is beautiful as well.

On the Washington side if you want a hike that's not too long with great views, Wind Mountain is a great alternative to Dog this time of year. Not quite as good of a view east as Dog, but still nice and not many people usually.

If you want to check out something cool that's not on the beaten path and are up for a drive, head out to White River Falls State Park south of the Dalles. It's about a 2 hour drive from PDX, but the hike down to the river is short(1/4 mile) and there is an old hydro powerhouse down there that is still full equipped, just falling apart, that's cool to look at. Beach is nice too. Water isn't safe to swim in though, lots of drownings there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top