Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2015 9:38:13 AM EDT
Searched the googles and links at the top with little information found. Is a .mil member stationed in OR but resides in another state able to obtain an OR CHL? I'm know that neighboring states are able to, but nothing beyond that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd call Washington county sheriff. They are very pro 2A and will give you a straight answer. Depending on where you are there are several good counties for applying.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Klamath.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Klamath.
View Quote

Have you called the sheriff there? I know a couple deputies there but not sure if they'd know that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Have you called the sheriff there? I know a couple deputies there but not sure if they'd know that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Klamath.

Haven't called yet as I wanted to exhaust other resources first before bugging them. Everywhere I look seems to have the same answer (or lack there of) in that it's either in-state resident or connecting states with justification. Nothing about if .mil on orders is acceptable, not even in the ORS, which leads me to believe that the answer will be a resounding no.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Haven't called yet as I wanted to exhaust other resources first before bugging them. Everywhere I look seems to have the same answer (or lack there of) in that it's either in-state resident or connecting states with justification. Nothing about if .mil on orders is acceptable, not even in the ORS, which leads me to believe that the answer will be a resounding no.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Klamath.

541-883-5130 --- then option 2 -------- then option 1 ------- then option 2. Ill let you know if I hear anything back from my contacts at a couple SO offices.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#6]
OK talked to DCSO. In their county, if you are stationed in the county and on .mil orders you can apply for and be granted a CCW/CHL. They think Klamath is the same but said its best to call that number I gave you.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome, thanks for the info! Now I just need to get a new daily carry and knock the rust off.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Awesome, thanks for the info! Now I just need to get a new daily carry and knock the rust off.
View Quote

Plenty of dirt down there for it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top