Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 3:30:00 AM EDT
Alright Oregonians. Please, post DETAILED instructions, a map, or a link of how to get to FREE places to shoot in Oregon. BLM land, or LEGAL places to shoot. I know you guys have your super secret places to shoot and have a hard time revealing them because fuck heads don't pick up after themselves and they get shut down.  This is for RESPONSIBLE shooters that CLEAN UP when they are done. These places are not for dropping off your old TV, appliances, cars or what the fuck ever to shoot, blow up, burn and leave. If someone posts a place to shoot here, RESPECT IT, cleanup after yourself and make it a place for others to enjoy. If you see someone at a place posted here trashing it, call them out, ask them to clean up after themselves.
And GO!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I don't think so.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Scuttlebutt is that the Browns camp quarry is going to remain closed after the logging that is going on behind it is finished because people keep trashing the place.  

The Sheriff told me last time the place above above the quarry a couple miles is likely going to be shut down as well.

I would be really surprised if folks gave up their shooting spots on a public forum.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Aaaaaand good luck.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The Woods.

Unless I feel like reaching out a long ways.  Then: The Desert.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I dont really have one that I like yet.

I would like to host a cleanup of the quarry everyone local knows about, but my Jeep is down, and thus no trailer to help get the ball rolling. The 4wd club I used to belong to did a bunch of desert cleanups and always got the dump to deliver and pick up a rollback dumpster for free. All the guys would bring their trailers and spend a day hauling out car husks and trash from shooters. A good time was had by all.

I would love to do that out here, but I dont have any connections out here, I feel like I dont know anybody I feel like once I can say "I have a trailer, lets do this" I might be able to get some interest out of the local gunshops- at least to just spread the word. I dont know how to do this community organizing stuff, but I think its a worthy endeavor to asttempt.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, anyone willing to pm me with some decent spots?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Scuttlebutt is that the Browns camp quarry is going to remain closed after the logging that is going on behind it is finished because people keep trashing the place.  

The Sheriff told me last time the place above above the quarry a couple miles is likely going to be shut down as well.

I would be really surprised if folks gave up their shooting spots on a public forum.
View Quote

Browns Camp opened up two weeks ago for shooting again.  I hauled out a bag full of shotgun shells and filled up a left behind cardboard box with steel casings and threw them away at home.  I also filled up a bucket with brass.  I did my part last weekend to keep it a little more tidy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll give you a hint, it's in the woods and not many people know about it...just take that one gravel road off that highway and turn the correct way at the fork in the road. Couple more miles on the gravel road and you'll find it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#9]
42.506021,-118.494473

They have an 18,000 yard lane if you have a .338 LM, .50 BMG or Javelin you want to stretch out
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:03:29 AM EDT
[#10]
When I lived in Salem and commuted to Corvallis I found ARPC cheaper to join than use free places. For a fee ARPC provides a guaranteed place to shoot, covered bays, concrete shooting benches, rifle rests, chronograph, target boards or stands, bird throwers, cheap gun transfers, reloading supplies and targets for sale and free access to two of the largest guns shows in Oregon. It also was the same or closer than any free place to shoot.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Should've come with us today OP.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Browns Camp opened up two weeks ago for shooting again.  I hauled out a bag full of shotgun shells and filled up a left behind cardboard box with steel casings and threw them away at home.  I also filled up a bucket with brass.  I did my part last weekend to keep it a little more tidy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Traditionally they leave the Browns Camp pit alone because they don't want everybody that used it to find other places to trash.  The SOLV group, as well as a handful of shooters, have cleaned it up in years past.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:31:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
42.506021,-118.494473

They have an 18,000 yard lane if you have a .338 LM, .50 BMG or Javelin you want to stretch out
View Quote

7:55 hours. I'll need more coffee to get there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top