Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2015 8:56:53 PM EDT
The 2015 Regular Session of the Oregon Legislative Assembly will convene on January 12, 2015

Oregon's Fully Democratic Party Controlled Legislature is going to come down hard on law-abiding citizens this year. Prepare your phones, e-mails and personal visits. See you all in Salem.

That is all.

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Its already starting. The Governor just appointed a real winner as Chair of ODF&W.....  

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Afraid to ask...who'd he appoint? Please tell me it is someone who actually hunts.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Michael Finley: He was a long time National Parks administrator and currently runs Ted Turners environmental foundation.

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be moving to OR next month. This was a short notice kind of thing, so I wasn't paying attention to what was going on at the State level here.

What kind of unconstitutional, anti-civil rights crap are they planning on pushing on us?

I assume universal background checks, the current obsession of the freedom haters, but anything else?

Mag cap limits? Bans on scary looking guns?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will be moving to OR next month. This was a short notice kind of thing, so I wasn't paying attention to what was going on at the State level here.

What kind of unconstitutional, anti-civil rights crap are they planning on pushing on us?

I assume universal background checks, the current obsession of the freedom haters, but anything else?

View Quote

As of today, Oregon's gun laws are pretty good, and frankly seem to work pretty well.

Imagine laws that take away your rights. Then imagine more of them.

We don't really know what they will try to do this time, but last session, they tried to introduce all sorts of crap. They did not control both houses (fully) at that time. Now, they control both houses with significant majorites, and we have a D. Governor.

There will be fights. And in the name of "compromise" and "the children" the camel's nose will go farther into the tent.

I wish I could guess what the landscape will look like after this session. I'd imagine we will be somewhere between CA and NY laws.

Crap. Now I am depressed.

Off to send OFF more money.

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Michael Finley: He was a long time National Parks administrator and currently runs Ted Turners environmental foundation.  
View Quote

ODFW Chair - Let's charge Bird-Watchers!
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:29:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

As of right now my only real bitch is fingerprints to buy handguns, and mandatory background check fees.
I could complain about right to carry, but I guess were doing ok with a shall issue CCW and *legal open carry*
In all other regards, we are currently as good as any other state or better.

*restrictions, limitations, and exclusions may apply, not valid in Portland or just about anywhere else you WANT to be carrying. See terms and conditions of "shall not be infringed" for full details*
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Wait... What? You have to be fingerprinted to buy a handgun? Seriously?

If that's the case, the proprietor of my favorite gun shop here in MT is going to have a very good day tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:28:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Just your thumb prints
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just your thumb prints
View Quote

Just your thumbprints. My FFL friend laughs. Says he's got a big box full of paperwork including thumbprints that NO ONE has ever requested.

But yeah - I forgot about that one.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If that's the case, the proprietor of my favorite gun shop here in MT is going to have a very good day tomorrow.
View Quote

Anytime you fill out a 4473, long guns included.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:01:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the education, guys.

This thread and the "45 day wait for a gun?" thread have been enlightening.

With the expense of the move and the purchase of a house, the last thing I need to be doing right now is buying more guns.

I think I'll just have to dedicate the funds anyway and grab the last few items I want while I'm still a Montana resident.

I'm sure there will be other guns I want in the future. Maybe by that time I will be more amenable to jumping through the hoops that Oregon places in my path.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:22:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Well, if you get here soon enough, FTF is still ok. So you COULD do some stuff locally. Check EE or Armslist

But that will probably be gone in a month.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I didn't see this anywhere else, and maybe it deserves its own post, but here's a list of the gun bills introduced so far.

From OFF's site
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top