Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2014 11:53:04 PM EDT
Any issue with doing an FTF trade when it comes to guns in multnomah county?  I'm not as well versed on OR laws as I would like to be but I know multnomah county has some weird gun laws compared to the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:52:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Any face to face transaction in Multnomah County has to be carbon neutral. If one of you takes a car then the other needs to ride a bike. The gun can only be transported in a re-usable cloth bag, absolutely NO plastic! If you are the seller then you are the one required to provide a Spanish translator for the transaction. (NOTE: We are still waiting on a court decision regarding whether this translator has to be state certified or just certified by the county) Please keep in mind that for every nickel/stainless gun you sell you must also offer a black colored gun of equal value for consideration.

In all seriousness the city/county can't write their own "laws" but they can write ordinances. If both parties have an Oregon CHL then our preemption statute provides you with pretty good protection from the insanity. I'm not a lawyer, just play one on the internet. Always recommend reading for yourself ORS 166.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any face to face transaction in Multnomah County has to be carbon neutral. If one of you takes a car then the other needs to ride a bike. The gun can only be transported in a re-usable cloth bag, absolutely NO plastic! If you are the seller then you are the one required to provide a Spanish translator for the transaction. (NOTE: We are still waiting on a court decision regarding whether this translator has to be state certified or just certified by the county) Please keep in mind that for every nickel/stainless gun you sell you must also offer a black colored gun of equal value for consideration.

In all seriousness the city/county can't write their own "laws" but they can write ordinances. If both parties have an Oregon CHL then our preemption statute provides you with pretty good protection from the insanity. I'm not a lawyer, just play one on the internet. Always recommend reading for yourself ORS 166.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

You're good!
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]

is it considered good taste to also throw in a bag of organic granola as part of the deal?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#5]
double tap
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I refuse to have anything to do with the peoples republic of Portland and Multnomah county. Do your deals in Clackamas County and you wont have worry about stinky hippies ruining your day. FMC(#$@! mult county)
And you wont have to use a cotton bag to carry things in as plastic bags are a no-no in MC
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top