Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2014 3:27:29 PM EDT
So as some of you may know, the Kershaw Warehouse Sale starts on Friday.  I've been a knife guy for awhile, but this will be my first one due to scheduling conflicts the past few years.  I've got my fingers crossed to get in early and maybe grab a ZT if they have any, so I was hoping to be near the front of the line.  Does anyone have an idea of when I would have to show up to do that?
I'd appreciate any input.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 6:28:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Trying to get in Friday morning? Camp out the night before. If you want in within the first couple of hours I'd say at least an hour early. Different years I've gone first thing, Saturday, and last thing Sunday. Each year I've picked up a ZT without issue.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
This was the first time I've gone to the sale.  I got there right at 9:00AM today and waited for about 45 minutes in the short line(Firefighters/Police/Military).  I'd say the standard line would have been at least a few hours long by that point and parking was scarce.  There's some ZT stuff but not a lot.  I did pick up one thing I went intentionally for, and a few cool items that I wasn't necessarily expecting.  Then I spent about 45 minutes in the check out line.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got back home from the sale and had a blast. Found a few things I was hoping for and was super stoked to see the new Emerson collaboration blades there Super prices once again too and even though the lines were long, people were moving along pretty good and besides this is one sale well worth a little wait in line! Don't forget to donate to Toys For Tots too. Kershaw is matching donations again this year
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:59:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm at PDX doing some work, so my coworker and I hit the sale this afternoon.  Spent a bunch and when checking out they said they would match donations for Toys for Tots, so they got a $20 donation.  And I got my Leek sharpened while I shopped
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]
What were the prices? It would have to be pretty damn steep discount for me to endure that over purchasing on Amazon or elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#6]
The prices are outstanding! Amazon can't even touch em!  Then you add in that there are knives available there that are limited runs and exclusives too. If you are into knives, you would enjoy it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The prices can't be beat. This year we picked up a Shuffle ($10), Emerson 6k ($15), folding saw ($14), and Amphibian ($12). Budget was really tight this year, we usually spend $200+. The last 2 years I've picked up different ZT's for less than $150 each.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Whoops, sorry I haven't reposted guys, I've been hunting the past week and didn't have cell service.  I managed to ask a few guys in the area, and ended up arriving around 4:30 am.  It was a bit of a wait, but wasn't too bad, especially since I got inside with the first group of people.  Ended up picking up an OD Blur for $29 and an OD Knockout for $39.  Pretty happy about that.  I reeeeeeelly wanted a ZT 0770 though, so I ended up going to Sportman's Warehouse afterwards and just buying one...it's a sick knife btw.

Overall it was a cool experience, and if I'm around and have some money to blow next year, I definitely plan on going.  Though next time chairs are a must...got pretty tired of standing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 2:57:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Was there much of a selection of Shun kitchen knives? The wife bought one and its pretty awesome. Were looking to round out the collection.

Been wanting to go to the sale since we moved back but the timing hasn't worked out... maybe this year.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not super familiar with the Shun product line, but they seemed to have a large selection.  I ended up with a 8" hollow ground chef's knife, a bread knife, a paring knife, a honing steel and a free (since I bought 4 Shun items) knife block!
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:06:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Brian:
That's awesome! How were the prices? Worth the drive? I also like some of the ZT and Emerson collaborations so I'll probably go regardless....
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:03:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Pretty much everything I bought was 1/2 of normal retail prices (amazon), they were seconds, but I cannot tell why on most of them (the bread knife has some noticeable scratches, but they don't affect how it works).
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:52:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Rigger, when I went a couple of years ago (2010 or 2011) there were a TON of Shun knives. I bought a nice collection of 7 of them. Look through them and you can find ones that aren't marked "XXXX" on the blade (denotes blemished). On the 6 I bought that don't have the "XXXX" I can't find a single thing wrong with them. The one I got that is marked as a blem, the blade just isn't as shiny as the others, that's the only thing I can find wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top