Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 4:17:36 AM EDT
In oregon FTF transfers are legal without registering with an FFL. Is it legal for me to sell a firearm I purchased legally in Oregon off paper to someone in a different state if I send it to an FFL? So basically when the shotgun arrives at the FFL it will not be in my name.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this...

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:22:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds legal if you are shipping out of state to an FFL,  as long as you ship it appropriately.  (Long guns are much easier)

We don't have registration here in Oregon.  The original purchaser is not important.  If you are doing any transfers through an FFL,  you have every base covered no matter what circumstance,  unless that firearm was originally stolen.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds legal if you are shipping out of state to an FFL,  as long as you ship it appropriately.  (Long guns are much easier)

We don't have registration here in Oregon.  The original purchaser is not important.  If you are doing any transfers through an FFL,  you have every base covered no matter what circumstance,  unless that firearm was originally stolen.  

View Quote

This. FFL should cover any bases needed.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as the gun isn't stolen.
Modly beet me to it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure the FFL accepts transfers from a private party out of state.  More and more of them won't do it any more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top