Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2014 2:09:48 PM EDT
I've tried to read the hunting regulations, but they're kinda confusing. Am I right that land owners do not need a license to hunt anything that does not require a tag? Racoon, gray fox and bobcat is confusing because it is listed as both fur bearer and small game regs. They also are not listed under ORS 610.002 as predatory animals (bobcat not a predator?).
Does a land owner need a license to shoot these on land owned by individual?
Can a land owner spotlight these animals?
If a land owner is shooting these animals to protect domestic animals do you still have to only shoot them during there respective seasons?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had less than clear answers from the DNR so far.  I usually bounce between OSP and the DNR people for an hour or so before I get murky answer at best.

Today I spent the better part of my morning trying to get an answer what proof I needed that I have lived in OR for six months so I could purchase a resident tag.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:51:45 AM EDT
[#2]
bobcat is a kinda a gray area, dont do anything that involves a fox with out a furbearing mammal permit.

and raccoons are seen as vermin, as long as you are outside of city limits, nobody will care.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
bobcat is a kinda a gray area, dont do anything that involves a fox with out a furbearing mammal permit.

and raccoons are seen as vermin, as long as you are outside of city limits, nobody will care.
View Quote

Yeah, I've always operated under the belief that raccoon=skunk=possum.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

in the eyes of ODFW and OSP, that is correct.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Here in Eugene the racoon's are pests.  I know of several people that have had a company live trap them from their yards not realizing that the pest company will be killing the raccoon - they are not allowed to release them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Raccoons,bobcats and foxes are furbearers  and you need a furtakers licence to hunt them, if you are a land owner and are protecting livestock you may shoot them any time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top