Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2014 3:50:44 PM EDT
I have a CA ccw and would love to get one for OR. My parents are moving up there and I will be visiting a lot. What counties are friendly to non-resident permits?

I am visiting Bend in a week, any chance Deschutes County is friendly to them?

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard Douglas County (Roseburg area) is pretty friendly to out of state applicants. Forget Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties, these are in the Portland Metro area. I hope others will chime in with their recommendations.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've heard Douglas County (Roseburg area) is pretty friendly to out of state applicants. Forget Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties, these are in the Portland Metro area. I hope others will chime in with their recommendations.
View Quote
Thanks. I'm hoping to find a place that isn't too far out of the way. I'll be passing through Klamath County as well, so i would appreciate any info on them as well.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:56:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I got mine in Malhuer county over by Idaho.  No troubles at all.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#4]
My brother, who lives in Washington, got his from Columbia County, which is just Northwest of Portland. He had no problems.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks. I'm hoping to find a place that isn't too far out of the way. I'll be passing through Klamath County as well, so i would appreciate any info on them as well.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

KCSO can be hit and miss on different issues. Douglas County is great. Washington county was very friendly also. Now go get me a Cal CCH OP.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got mine in Malhuer county over by Idaho.  No troubles at all.
View Quote

I did that as well, but when I was there, they told me they were only signing residents of Ada and Canyon Counties (Border and Boise).

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

KCSO can be hit and miss on different issues. Douglas County is great. Washington county was very friendly also. Now go get me a Cal CCH OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I would get CA CCW for everyone if I could. I had a hard enough time getting one for me!

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 2:56:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Just an update, I got my paperwork in and got fingerprinted for a CHL in Lake County. Very freindly and quick. I would highly recommend them to anyone coming up from CA, especially if you are taking 395.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just an update, I got my paperwork in and got fingerprinted for a CHL in Lake County. Very freindly and quick. I would highly recommend them to anyone coming up from CA, especially if you are taking 395.
View Quote

Thanks for the update. Welcome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top