Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2014 12:38:56 PM EDT
Planning on coming up to Eugene for the Ducks vs. Michigan St. or Stanford game. Looking for some advice/ideas
1-Good place to stay
2-Good places to eat- nothing fancy
3-Must see places/sights
4-Any pregame activities-planning on staying 3-5 days
5-Any good gun shops within 2 hours-will have car
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for later... gotta work now.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]
1-Standard set of chain hotels in the area, been in a few, no bad experiences
2-La Perla is the best pizza I have ever had in my life, Sweet Basil is good for Thai, Little Big Burger is good as well
3- Hayward field is one of the most famous tracks in the U.S.,  Pre's Rock is nearby, Skinners Butte is a good hike
4-Show up early for the tailgates!
5-Nothing really big or exciting that I've found
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
2-La Perla is the best pizza I have ever had in my life, Sweet Basil is good for Thai, Little Big Burger is good as well
3- Hayward field is one of the most famous tracks in the U.S.,  Pre's Rock is nearby, Skinners Butte is a good hike
View Quote

This. The party is the game. I lived there for a few years while going to UO. The game in itself is the draw. Eugene doesnt have much IMO.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:32:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This. The party is the game. I lived there for a few years while going to UO. The game in itself is the draw. Eugene doesnt have much IMO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eugene has hippies. Lots and lots of dirty hippies.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's no joke. College girls make up for part of it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:19:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Good gunshops are:
The Baron's Den off of I-5 by the community college- indoor pistol range, and they rent. Not a bad selection either. If you are driving home stop by the Tannerite factory store just down the way. Don't try to take it on a plane, they won't like it...
Oak Grove Guns and SM Gunshop are both on River Road, and are small but varied.
Cabela's over on Gateway has a large selection, but they are, you know, Cabela's...
Dick's is at the Delta Shopping Center at Delta and Beltline also a big box store
Baxter's Boots at Four Corners on 99 has more boots than guns (go figure) but what they have is good quality.
Mazama's Sporting goods has a good selection out on West 11th
There is a really cool blackpowder shop in Springfield just across the river called The Gun Works. If you like blackpowder, I highly recommend you stop there.
There are a couple of small shops in the area that escape my mind, and I haven't been in, so I cannot recommend.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top