Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2014 12:41:20 AM EDT
Has anybody been recently accepted as a new member at Tri-County and if so how long did you have to wait? I requested to be added to the wait list somewhere between 1-1/2 and 2 years ago and haven't heard a word. The website is pretty clear: TCGC will not respond to inquiries regarding wait list status. I can't be the only one here waiting so I figured I'd ask…
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 3:59:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anybody been recently accepted as a new member at Tri-County and if so how long did you have to wait? I requested to be added to the wait list somewhere between 1-1/2 and 2 years ago and haven't heard a word. The website is pretty clear: TCGC will not respond to inquiries regarding wait list status. I can't be the only one here waiting so I figured I'd ask…
View Quote

Went on the waiting list in like Jan of 2013 after moving to the area. Bad timing and all that.

Got my email to join in April of 2014. Member by May 2014.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Was just out there today. Deer on the rifle range while we were shooting.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:19:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Put my name on the waiting list Jan/Feb 2013 and became a member in April 2014.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
ill be joining the waitlist party. it was nice out there, im just glad dash destroyed my "25 moa challenge" target.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ill be joining the waitlist party. it was nice out there, im just glad dash destroyed my "25 moa challenge" target.
View Quote

Oh there's photos somewhere....  Now what is that photobucket account password...
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh there's photos somewhere....  Now what is that photobucket account password...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its all good, last time i shot a g22 was in 2008, i didn't expect it would be good.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Not that bad of wait for Tri county. Try YCSA. That one took me 4 years on the waiting list. To its credit the McMinnville club only allows 200 members. Every Time I have been there I am the only shooter. Paper shooters only. You might have a better chance at the CVSC in Dundee . Every fall they have openings for new members. They fill up quick, and it is first come, first serve. Dont forget your dues, or your spot will be taken quick. I think that one is 400 members, or 350 now. I cant remember. I like it better than the Mac club, but they close it once a month on the weekend for the competitive shooters, and I have been there before and the rifle range was full. Only on weekends but still. I can shoot my steel, and water jugs which is nice.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 1:12:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice. Thanks for the heads up. Other ranges to check into!
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I collect memberships because you never know....
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a good way to collect friends.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hehe, you know I have met some of the coolest cats at the Chehalem valley gun club. I have shot some stuff I could never afford such as a 50 BMG, and a FN 5.7. It is amazing the hospitality at these places from members that have been there for decades. Of course, I have seen the retards there too, but they don't last long. Most of the time I don't have time to wait for friends to get their stuff packed to go to the range when I need to work on a new load, but when I do have the time I am never short of friends that are willing to go. That reminds me, the Chehalem club allows up to two guests, and there is no charge for them, but they have to be on the same range as you. The McMinnville club allows 2 guests off of your family list if you get the family membership, but they started charging 5$ per guest last year. Several members left because of the change. The Mac club also can flood in the winter because it is right next to a creek. Cool club though, and they do a annual BBQ, along with youth shoots, and training for the youth hunter safety.
Here are a few pic's, but I do not have any of the rifle range in the Chehalem valley club.
This is one of the 5 pistol pits in Chehalem.  A couple are covered but this is one of the sunny day pits.

The benches, and range at the Mac club out to 100 yards.

And from the covered 200 yard bench in Mac.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top