Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2014 7:28:24 PM EDT
Just what it says. I'm on the other coast but I just found his FB page.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I find him entertaining most of the time.  He seems smart, usually well prepared (good background data), argues well and he can be funny. He has a few tricks he uses to argue, which I find pretty transparent and annoying, and I think he can by hypocritical at times. Like a lot of 'opinion personalities' I don't see him ever conceding a point, even if I think it's pretty clear he's on the wrong side of an argument. I usually agree with his position, but I have to take breaks from him. He gets annoying.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I was on his FB page. I see my old  High School science teacher on there making trouble and posting all kinds of liberal bullshit. Anyone care to jump in and argue a bit ? ? ?
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the program...
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I listen every day. I think his local show is better than his national show.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 7:28:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I find him entertaining most of the time.  He seems smart, usually well prepared (good background data), argues well and he can be funny. He has a few tricks he uses to argue, which I find pretty transparent and annoying, and I think he can by hypocritical at times. Like a lot of 'opinion personalities' I don't see him ever conceding a point, even if I think it's pretty clear he's on the wrong side of an argument. I usually agree with his position, but I have to take breaks from him. He gets annoying.
View Quote

well said...
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't mind his show, but like a previous poster said he will not concede a point. I also find that if a caller has a point or question that he doesn't care for he'll as a question of the caller trying to avoid answering the question. And then he'll demand the caller to answer to answer his question, but totally avoids the callers question or point. It pisses me off a bit sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

well said...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well said...

Always with the analogies. I do agree with him about 80% of the time (if I were to stab a guess at it).  I think I'm just less party line republican and more of a constitutionalist.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to be, but he's pretty ignorant about some issues, like many of the political show hosts. The only person I really enjoy listening to is Greg Gutfeld
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#9]
More often than not, I will turn to FM 101 during the day and find a commercial going.  I really do believe they should change the name to just that... commercial radio 101.

On the rare occasion I listen to Lars, he will let a caller pose some question or try to make a point and Lars will either cut them off, disregard the question or refuse to answer saying he won't engage 'straw man' arguments... all awhile making them himself.  The very last time I ever listened to him is when he did a show on the Bundy's in NV making the argument (straw man again) what would you do if you had someone in your rental property that wouldn't pay their rent!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top